Anyone ever have a car shipped?

Im about 3 days away from buying a car in FL…:snky:

Has anyone ever had a car shipped? Any problems? Any certain company you liked or stay away from?

Any info is good.

Im thinking it might cost around 500-600. I could always fly down there but then i gotta 1) drive it back 2) take off from work

just fly down and drive back it would cost about 500 bucks maybe, depending on the plane ticket. i flew down and drove my mustang back the same day. well it was a little over a day but you get the idea

I’ve shipped 2 cars in the past year. Both drivers were really good guys and seemed to take good care of the cars they were transporting. I can’t remember the company I used, but most of them contract driver’s in the general area so you should get the same result regardless of the company.

yes, fucking search.

I had an awesome experience based off info I got from this site. Super cheap, super fast, super clean.

Nikeman, do you remember how much it was?
From where too?

~$200 from Boston - Corning
~$250 from Corning - somewhere in Ohio, but this was a little more expensive because the car was disabled.

I have shipped dozens of cars from all over the US and have used various companies

For the most part the places fuck you around on pick up and delivery and offer little communication throughout the process, one company (whos no longer in business) kept me hanging for a week on the pick up date and I had to cancel at the last second and find a new carrier, another time when I was moving from NC to NY I booked Passport weeks in advance, totally fucked me, they didnt show up until 2am the next day from when they were supposed to pick the car up and I had to remain behind and couldnt convoy back to NY with everyone else

Jason Short on LS1tech hooked me up with a company and I must say its the first time I have ever had a flawless transaction (also the cheapest quote I got), I actually had them ship a car to me from Deland Florida this spring and it cost about $550 for open carrier, the car was picked up and delivered to me in less than a week from the time I filled out the online form for a quote
Jason Short is no amatuer when it comes to buying and selling cars and he swears by them

if you want the info send me a PM

thanks

$550 to go from tampa to buffalo

i might go this route if its around this price

by the time i spend flight money, off from work and my time driving im well over 550

By the way, they picked up on time, delivered early, and gave me the drivers cell #. I paid for an open, and it came in an enclosed truck.

I’ve shipped 4 cars and never had a problem. Its a bidding site for your business, sign up, create your shippment, and they make it cheap for ya!

^This…didn’t have a problem with mine.

Fly me down and give me gas money, and i’ll drive it back over a weekend for ya :slight_smile:

I’ve been itchin’ to go back to Florida for a weekend.

i bought a car from north miami beach area a few years ago… i flew down and drove it back up… I wouldn’t do that unless you have some time to enjoy florida for a day or so. I didn’t have time and it was depressing driving through all of florida and not having time to sit on a beach with a beer for a few hours. :frowning:

I’ve shipped 3 cars in the past 3 years. I believe 2 of them I used autotransportdirect like you listed above. Everything worked out alright. I had the drivers cell # and the cars showed up right on time. I paid $200 more to ship my Cobra in an enclosed trailer and was very pleased with the company.

Any of you guys pay by wire transfer?
Ive never done this so whats to say this guy doesnt just take the money and run?
What about title and paperwork? Did that just come in the car on its way over or did you have the person mail the documents to you for the DMV

new to me