Has anyone shipped a Engine? What company does reasonable Shippings for Engine?

Hey, Im just looking to see if anyone know where i can get a quote to ship a engine to me? its about 400miles away but i cant do the drive its a 8hr drive according to mapquest. its in sterling, virginia. Let me know thank you…

crap, i had an engine shipped to me like 4 years ago, i cant remember what truck company i used. Ill look through my old folders and try to find the receipt.

sweet that would be very nice!

R + L carriers was the cheapest option for me. I believe they’re on river rd. Put it on a pallet (or they might put it on a pallet for you) and ship it that way. cheap and fast. someone on here works there, I remember seeing a modded black wrx in the employee parking lot with a custom plate of someone who’s username was on here, err, on ubrf, but I dont remember at all who it is

Would they pick up a engine and ship it to me or in round buffalo?

Yes, many carriers will pick up at your door.

But since you are pretty much a walk in customer, they will charge you up the nose for a pickup service (especially at a home).

Your best bet is calling around the various places on river road and dropping it directly there on a pallet. Strap it to the pallet.

Ship it to a hub or a business address with a loading dock, anything residential is going to be 75-150 dollars more.

Depending on the weight of the motor, and you won’t be getting a discounted rate, expect to pay 300-400 bucks.

juicedGT works at fedex. im sure he can help

they have a weight limit, not sure what it is

i paid like 75 to get an awd block shipped to sc or something. i paid $100 to get a whole motor shipped here from nc. pallet and a business address with a loading dock are the way to go

I use CCX alot for work and they are great…no idea on the rates because I dont care…but their service has always been good and on time for me

+1 for R+L, i had a 13b shortblock shipped up from tennessee and it was under $200

go to freightquote.com, they will find u the cheapest carrier to ship with, & u have to pkg it(strapping it to a pallet is best) & dropping it at the trucking terminal(they can get off ur truck w/a forklift) & shipping to a business will all be cheaper.

+2 for R+L they are great. shipped quite a few things trough them recently.

he doesnt need to ship it, he needs it picked up in VA and brought here…

Dave, I sent you a pm with the rates…i may be able to do a little better if you can get me some more info…and try to avoid the residential pickup and liftgate charges…they can KILL a price real quick, especially since those and fuel surcharges are non discountable. The rate i sent you was nearly 70% off! have him get it to the terminal or a business with a dock and i can knock almost another $100 off the price!!