Need to ship an engine block

I need to find a good carrier for shipping an engine block. I called Forward Air and they only do terminal to terminal for non-account holders. I’m not gonna get an account just to send one block.

UPS’s site is all kinds of screwy and their price seems outrageous, even with fuel surcharge.

It’s a 5.4 Lightning block and weighs I guess about 175 lbs. I’ll wrap it and strap it to a pallet.

Any of you guys have a good carrier I can use and get a price quote? It would be going to a business with a loading dock.

Thanks,

Dan

try www.baxglobal.com

i’m not sure if u need a account or not tho

Thanks, I’ll give them a call.

fedex… go online… sign up for free fedex express account…send it express freight…list rate for a zone 2 is 113.75 plus fuel… but if you call 877-463-7408 they will give you a 1 time discount on this shipment.

I’m not finding this free account when they want my CC#… I’d rather just pay per shipment since it will only be this one likely… And it doesn’t look like they ship to businesses, just to another FedEx center? :dunno:

I’ll call and see.

call me 800-786-4621 x 8633…i work for fedex… it is free…

when i worked at fedex ground, we shipped engine blocks all of the time

Yeah I tried to get ahold of you 2tone… the block ended up not selling but I will keep FedEx in mind.

Thanks guys

ya sorry I got your message but then had a meeting and just completely forgot to call you back… if you find another buyer and need help getting it shipped pm me and ill hit you up and help you out.

depends on the location you are sending it to.

Pitt-ohio or Newpenn

Bump it up…

Got this block back up on eBay as well as another Teksid block… I don’t see why I wouldn’t be able to just sent them FedEx ground? They are not that heavy or big… I can just crate them up and strap them down…

you should just give them to me, no need to worry about shipping anything. :smiley:

Gimme $700 for both… and I’ll drop them off to you…

FEDEX worked. i just received a 5.4 boat anchor from them the other day. it was a complete motor too.

ive used DHL before…

let me know who & how much it is when u do ship them out

boat anchor…your funny! when can i bring the boat over? Thanks again for picking that up btw!

DHL is discontinuing domestic service in the North America in November. They will be an export service only

Ive used GREYHOUND once to ship a 4g63 block. Think it was like 25 bucks. Not shure if theres a weight limit though. It was just a 2.0 They put it in the luggage part.

if it would help I might be able to use my roadway account to ship it for you if you pay.