Shipping Question (FedEx Employees on here?)

I was just informed that there’s an employee on here that works for FedEx, or maybe USPS or UPS…whatever…in any event, i need to ship my old engine to Long Island…as cheap as possible…finally have a buyer, and i wanna get this thing out of here.

I dont want to get raped on shipping a 300lb or so engine though, at least that’s what i think it weighs…just a guess based on how many guys it took to lift it lol…

In a recent trip, i managed to get to the Bronx and back for $70 worth of gas in a newer monte carlo…so i figure, with a decent mileage truck or SUV i can get the round trip done for $150 worth of gas (less gas mileage in a bigger car, and long island being a bit further than the bronx i think)…

however, if that certain employee does post here, or anybody else has a hookup, let me know…if i can save myself the trip, and ship it for less than $150 i’m all over it…

jltalon does work for fed sex

Try foward air by the airport. They ship motors all the time. They probally even have a crate they will give ya.

know of any prices?

its me your looking for. PM me the details. weight, rough dimensions and where its going, residential or business.
If its over 150 lbs like you said (300ish), it will have to be skidded/crated and shipped LTL freight. My discounts are larger on freight than small packages. I dont see why i wouldnt be able to get the price your looking for. lmk.

you’re not the only one who works at fedex…

i’m assuming 300 lbs, dimensions…um…lets just go 2.5ft X 2.5ft X 2.5ft…from here (14227) to Long island / West Babylon (11756)

i dont know if i did it right online, but the FedEx quote i got was like $285, and the UPS one was more like $400…fuck that if that’s the case, i can drive it there for $150 like i said…i’m lookin to see if it can be shipped for less than $150…which i’m sure it can, since i paid $350 to have the entire front half of a car shipped more than twice as far…(to buffalo, from georgia)

who said i work for fedex? i am the one who gets huge discounts on ALL freight carriers like upwards of 70%+ off…and i have helped MANY people save TONS of money. I guess i just assumed I was the one he was looking for. If you or anyone else can do better, be my guest :slight_smile:

I can get you an exact price tomorrow from work. I need to know if its going to residential or a business, and if a business, is there a dock, if not, the truck will need a lift gate which costs more, as does a residential delivery. Most carriers have a minimum. I am pretty certain, I can do it for you in your price range. If i had a crated engine shipped from MA to here for $175ish…im sure i can get one to NY for less. PM me all the details you can, and i will get you a cost in the morning.

Greyhound that Bitch…I dont know what kind of discounts we get off of Freight…I’ll have to look into it.

wow :tup:

what exactly do you do at FTN??

Deliverin on the Purple Promise…lol sorry had to

LOL. I sent you a PM
People Service Profit FTW LOL