Good winter tires?

I am gonna be getting new tires within the next cpl wks, any suggestions? Oh and is it better to get studded tires? Thanks:hugAlso is it better to get directional tires for the winter or does it not matter?

blizzaks…

Most shops say with FWD you need to get all 4 tires studded. AWD all 4… rwd just the rear 2.

Blizzak’s, Hakkapelliitas.

don’t get studded.

Most shops are retarded, like studded winter tires unless you’re ice racing.

you def do not need studded up here…

I’m going to be getting a set of Dunlop Winter Sport 3D soon I think. Hakkepelitas are some of the best, but also some of the most expensive.

Last year we had a lot of ice though, and my car slid bad even with winter tires, thats why I was considering studding them just cause I would get better traction if this winter is like or worse than last years. Ugh Im not looking forward to winter :frowning:

Blizzaks.

I’ve got studded general altimax arctics which I actually like better than the blizzaks I previously had. The tread seems to be holding up better and they are cheaper. Personally I like the studs a lot for driving mountainous vermont snow covered roads all winter where there will still be a hard packed layer of ice/snow on the road several days after a storm. Probably would not have gone with the studs if I didn’t drive up there all the time and stayed more local with my driving as they are noisy as fuck.

Not to mention I think studded snows are downright dangerous in dry conditions.

NOKIAN HAKKAPELITTA! Serious!

Remember winter tires become useless once they are halfway worn and the soft winter compound wears off…

I have Blizzak WS-50’s. No complaints.

www.tirerack.com check for reviews, that’s always helpful

blizzaks

[/end thread]

Blizzaks… As long as you dont drive like a jackass you should only need the front tires…

If you want to feel real safe get a set for the rear to.

She’s a girl, she is going to need 4 of them.

HEY! Come see me god damnit! I Sell The MOST Tires at the LOWEST Prices around!
I got Major Name Brands some sets u need 4, some u only need 2. Stop in and see me.

Mavis Tire
3434 State St
Schenectady NY 12304

Nick, what’s the cheapest you can let go a set of Blizzak WS60s in stock AP1 sizes?