Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize

yeah, they’re trying to scare us into using less oil, which will make us less dependent on the middle east. Which would drastically drive down the price of gasoline, and would make the environment better, and would make it so that terrorists don’t have our economy by the balls.

What horrible things they are trying to scare us into. :ugh:

This whole thing is like the equivalent of your doctor telling you you’re too fat and need to lose some weight, and then you saying “oh, you’re just trying to scare me into becoming healthier, so I can feel better and lead a much happier/longer life. HAHAHA I’m not going to fall for that one you PHD motherfucker!”

Actually the most amazing thing in your post is how many things we actually agree on. :bigok:

HOWEVER…

1. Pawn Vanity is an ASS and I do not listen to his tripe. There are much better talk radio personalities out there who are not pawns for either party. I would have to suggest: Glenn Beck, Neil Bortz and Michael Savage for starters. :bigthumb:

2. If you don’t think the media (except for talk radio) is left-biased then, well, I just don’t know what to say at this point. I’m not an idiot, it’s just a fact of life and you can either accept it or deny it. :slap:

3. Are you an atheist? If so, you are in the minority in this country. Our counry was founded by Christian men and most of the principles that the country was founded upon are basic Christian principles. Once again, just a fact of life…deal with it. :slap: :slap:

4. BURNOUTS are fun!! You shoud try it some time. Oh yeah, that’s right, first you need a car that can do a burnout. :burnout:

Michael Savage is a blow-hard asshole demagogue moron.

1. We don’t know that global warming is truly occurring. At best, we’ve got about 150 years of actual data regarding it. And most of the early stuff’s fairly spotty.

2. It should come as a surprise to no one if the temperature is rising. We’re coming off the tail end of an ice age.

1. Are you an atheist? If so, you are in the minority in this country. Our counry was founded by Christian men and most of the principles that the country was founded upon are basic Christian principles. Once again, just a fact of life…deal with it

Your “facts” are once again nothing but the same washed up right-wing rhetoric you seem to spew in every political thread that pops up here.

Here’s a little gem from Thomas Jefferson- would you admit that perhaps he’s slightly influential in regards to the American system?

Also interesting that the terms “Jesus Christ”, “Christianity”, and even “God” aren’t once written into the singular document on which our entire system of government (and to a lesser extent, our entire societal system at large) is based on (the US Constitution, duh).

And finally…here is an exact quote from a treaty signed by the United States, written by the administration of George Washington, and ratified by the Senate of the United States:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries…

Link for the last quote:
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/treaty_tripoli.html

http://smiliesftw.com/x/geybanwgn.gif

Are you kidding? He is the only one on 104.7 that is worth his salt. Ok, Glenn Beck is pretty good too. Hannity, Limbaugh and most of the others make me want to vomit.

your post make me want to join the EMO alliance.

fact, the earth goes through cooling, and heating phases.

1F is not a big deal over 150 years.

Fact: Greenhouse gases have never been linked to the automobile.
Fact: a volcanic eruption produces more harm to the earth than 20 years of automobile pollutants.

So would you agree that the current problems with Social Security, medical care, and generally incredulous government spending would be things that we need to fix now, so that we don’t screw over subsequent generations?

Is this thread almost done?

worst analogy ever. it makes no sense at all.

x2

seperation of church and state is only for the pure fact of the government will not tell you who you can worship, or what religion you may practice.

the name “God” is not limited to the christian God. With all of our official documents being written in the language of English, various deities translate from other native tongues into English as the name “God” (allah etc).

So the term “In God we trust” or “God bless America” is not directed to one particular religion, so it shall remain on our official documentation.

The nation was founded by Chrisitian men to allow those with various religious beliefs to practice what they believe in without persecution as long as they are not infringing on the values of their neighbor. Unfortunately for Aetheists, this country believes in a higher power, so you are not accomodated.

Religious practices are not enforced upon you, do not take offense by it. If you do not like the term God on your money, write checks, or use a credit card. Various alternatives have been provided.

Although to disagree with the one gentlemen above, it has been stated many times, this nation has been founded on the Christian beliefs, but no official religion has been nominated.

This is a very elementary analogy for you. Ever notice why no other religious holidays are noticed by the US government? Seems like all Christian ones to me.

What part of

the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion

are you having trouble understanding?

what part of youre incorrect are you mis understanding?

Or is your reading comprehension lacking? Re-read my post, then get back to me.

That was the religion of the founding fathers, by no means what the countries official stance is, but our government follows the christian model.

The land was founded by Christians for everyone, giving all the freedom to choose whatever they wish to worship, or not to.

You need to go back and re-learn your history of America, or learn how to read one’s posts. We are not a Christian nation, but we do follow the model.

LOL! Yeah, that US history degree I have…guess I should pick up another one?

I posted official United States government documents in their ORIGINAL form. The UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT says that the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. Again, what part of that statement do you fail to understand?

“our government follows the christian model” does NOT equal “the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion”; period, case closed- and your attempts to spin history to suite your own right-wing agenda are exposed for the rubbish they are when confronted in the face of such pure evidence.

does it really matter if it says “god” on the money?

I think religon and god is joke as much as the next person, but who gives a fuck if it’s on money or etched into a gov building.

does it really matter if it says “god” on the money?

I think religon and god is joke as much as the next person, but who gives a fuck if it’s on money or etched into a gov building.

Doesn’t bother me at all…it just irks me when people try to push a Christian agenda down our throats.

Although, the United States has unofficially officially declared itself a Christian Nation. By Justice David Brewer

In the case of 1892 The Holy Trinity vs The United States

These and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation.

Now this does not make us official, because this same statement has been refuted to officially state, yes the USA is a Christian Nation in the sense of that was it’s land foundation. The Government is seperate from all Church affairs, and the vast majority of its people practice a Christian belief to certain extents, but the land gives the freedom to accept or reject any/all religious beliefs.