Got some shit tonight V. Greece POlice

3 tickets.

Loud muffler, its got a hole, figured fix it ticket

No licsense plate lights, fix that too?

And Unlicsensed operator. Not aggrivated.

Was told its a misdermeanor, what am i looking at for that and should I give my lawyer a call, this just fucking sucks so hard right now. Im trying to clean shit up right now and did not know my licsense was revoked.

how do you not know your license is revoked, i mean seriously

:tup:

:picard:

If your license suspension is bogus get the paperwork to show it. Aka, it was suspended because you didn’t pay some ticket, but you paid it and have a receipt. Bam, case dismissed.

But chances are it’s legitmate because you didn’t pay a ticket, so now be prepared to pay a lawyer and the state much more than had you simply taken care of this properly in the first place.

And :tup: to driving with equipment violations with a suspended license. Did I mention :picard:? I went 4 days without a valid inspection and I made sure I did absolutely nothing that would cause the cops to look twice at me.

Ugh hate these threads…

seriously how do you not know, or even have an idea that your license is revoked?

My license was suspended at one point

But I knew it was comin’ . Missed court and 7 months later, paper came in the mail :slight_smile:

Edit: Was getting laid right before I had to be there, she wasn’t ready to let me go. True story.

So, here’s what you do so you don’t get buttfucked. Call up the court you missed/fine you didnt pay and take care of that asap. If it doesn’t buy you back your license in time, it shows the judge you really had no idea it was suspended and it will probably still be dropped. The other things are fix-its.

I knew it was restricted, just not revoked.

I got a letter saying I have 16 points.

Does that mean I have to take the road test and shit all over again?

16 POINTS???~?~!~@! holy shit! how much was your insurance

I got arrested when I was younger for having a suspended license (a fine I paid and the DMV never marked it down as paid).

a summer of court finally got me off… and my bail back, but what a pointless waste of time :tdown:

ouch… got them all recently? be prepared to pay 300.00 a year for the next 3 years as a result (driver responsibility act) on top of the fines and shit. Or is that why your license is suspended in the first place?

Got K-Y?

damn dude, I know a kid with not one, but TWO DWI’s that doent have that many points.

and DrStevil is right, you gotta pay for 3 years.

Ouch.

yup, and they word it oddly too

you actually have to pay it in full within 2 years. You can pay the first installment the first year and get billed for the next two the following year, or pay it all up front

:tdown: to NY

I am paying the DMV 950 this year to take care of it all at once.

My insurance is somehow oblivious to all of this.

5 speeding convictions on my licsense

the main question being, DO I HAVE TO REDO EVERYTHING, road test, permit and shit.

Maybe we should have a sticky to the NYS DMV website?

http://www.nysdmv.com -> search the site -> “revoked” -> first hit:

REVOCATION - Your license (or privilege to drive) is cancelled. To get a new license, you must re-apply to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) once the revocation period is over. You may be required to pay a license re-application fee. Your application may be denied if you have a poor driving record or refuse to meet DMV requirements.
Revocation periods may be longer than the minimum periods listed in this publication.

AWESOME!!

Well look on the bright side: If you’ve been convicted of speeding 5 times and you’re, what? 19? you are getting the much needed time out.

Exept unlike most 19 year olds, I have a full time job, and havent gotten a speeding ticke since febuary.

Is that good?

X2:fyi:

It was the longest stretch I have had.

9 tickets in 3 years of driving…