ugh another ticket problem

so after i dropped my motor in my car i made a dumb choice of driving it 1/2 mile up the street to my house and i got pulled over for the following.

1 no inspection
2 no registration
3 no ins
4 misuse of plates

and some garage towed my car but cop let me keep my plate that came from my other car.

advice… help would be appreciated should i reg insure it and bring to judge when my court date is ?

Nope. Looks like they have you by the short curlies. Good luck.

Call a lawyer and do what they say.

I got caught in lockport w/ no reg before… I got too lazy and it totally blew my mind and forgot to do it.
got it down to a non moving violation or whatever it is, was a 100 fine.

but… with that many… meh.

hope the car ran well at least -.-

car runs great ugh cant afford lawyer lol

If this happened to me I would straighten everything out. Insure it, register, inspect ASAP. Then take that all to court and explain to the ADA or Judge what you were doing and that you understand you screwed up. etc…

dude, those are some pretty srs charges, if your reg was expired or no inspection not a big deal. but you switched plates from another car, didnt have it reg’s or insured, thats retarded… do you realize what insurance is for? if you got into an accident with that car… you would be FUCKED

the misuse of plates one is going to really bend you over… also, the no ins one is super bad, if you go to the prosecutor with that ticket and have no proof of insurance for that day (dont try to forge something either that will get you into even more shit)

call a lawyer, be less dumb next time

Better get another job then. A lawyer will be cheaper than the tickets.

what town was this in?

Ive had 39 tickets during my 8 years of driving (no lie) some serious some not. I never once hired a lawyer and I have a total of 8 points on my license. Not bad.

I got 5 tickets for riding my 4-wheeler down the street:

No helmet
No reg
No ins
Misuse of public roads
and reckless… something

Had the wheeler inpounded, yatta yatta.

Final result, the judge combined all tickets into one. ($150 fine plus $250 to impound)

I know an ATV and a car are different but hiring a lawyer would probably be a waste of your money IMO.

You plan on making the car legal anyway right? Wouldn’t hurt to get all that stuff done before your court date.

I agree with this.While obviously you shouldn’t have done it in the first place,it happened and now ya got some money to pay.I don’t think it will be that bad honestly.keep us informed

thats a 4 wheeler, driving a car like this is a much bigger deal (i would assume at least)

Agreed but how much bigger, ya know?

Get a lawyer, seriously.

Can’t afford it? Well at this point you are going to want to try your best to even KEEP your license. All those tickets are gonna be costly, even if reduced to parking tickets.

insurance ticket is $500 fine and 1 year suspension

ya i was goin to reg today i appreciate advice i got court the 19tth of this month also the ticket was in town of Niagara. Im getting it reg and insured monday and going to drive it out of where it is i put insurance on it as soon as i got home lol so maybe it will make a difference.

The question I have is, was the vehicle ever registered/insured in your name? If so when?

No it was not well i put insurance on the car so that would be the biggest ticket so on my insurance card it at least says i have insurance today same day i got ticket

clean license? no? the biggest thing is to tell the judge how stupid you were being, how dangerous it was, etc, how sorry you are, etc and how badly you need your license to work/go to school

pretty clean ill keep that in mind still a lil worried as long as it doesn’t get suspended ill be happy.