ugh another ticket problem

I got a similar ticket in ws. I had just bought a car when I was 17, took it out with the old but still valid inspection and old reg. And a plate from a truck. The car was a civic :(. I told the officer I just picked the car up from a friend to test drive it for a day b4 I bought it. Cost me $150 in parking tickets, man I was lucky.

You may get suspended, but you’ll be elligible for a restricted license. Just tell them that you are in school and work and that the bus doesn’t run on weekends to your job or something like that. Tell them you have absolutely no way of getting a ride…

If your insurance card says it started at midnight, the morning of the tickets your ok there. That ticket would be thrown out.

Your best bet is still get a lawyer. Otherwise just get everything squared away ASAP and be honest with the Judge/ADA.

Your opinion sucks.

Get a fucking lawyer.

kind of a dick cop if its just a half mile from the shop to your house…be different if you driving on the 90 or something.

Its going to be awesome that you will have to sell the car to pay the fines…hahahahhaha

i had all those same tickets before for doing almost the same thing go to court with it insured and registered and tell the DA you were in the process of switching the plates over i got 5 parking tickets that added up to 375 but no points and no lawyer

ya i got my insurance put on at least right when i got home lol :slight_smile:

I did the same stupid thing when I was a kid. ~$1250 in fines, suspended license for a year.

get a lawyer

and some vaseline

This sucks, but first and foremost is to get ur car legit and bring it all in. I’m sure they would know you were pretty serious and you fucked up, but it will be much worse.

Oh and get a job, that might help a little bit.

I got nailed doing the same on a street bike. You will lose your license unless you get a lawyer. No insurance is HUGE!!! and combined with you switching plates and all, your in a bad spot. Get a lawyer now if you value your license at all.

Ugh, that sucks.

I’ve definitely taken my car down the road a few times between different tweaks when it wasn’t insured or reg’d, and I didn’t even think it was a big deal at the time.

Good luck.

well i got everything straightened out it good to know certain people lol just going to have to pay ticket for reg

congrats, If you knew people why didn’t you contact them in the first place instead of NYSpeed?

I didn’t know them till my roommate introduced me to them lol

Oh, well congrats.

Happened to me…Had a restricted for a year, and $742 fine at the time i got my license back. That was for no ins and no reg. Never got points on my license either.

Till this day i drive with the restricted. So when i get pulled over for something stupid they have to go run the license all the time. They look so pissed when it comes up clean.

ugh, just bend over