Ticket issues

Whats up guys. Well… on Friday I left for NYC and I won’t lie, on the ride there I was easy rollin’ at 75 staying with traffic. Just found a “drafting group” per se and worked my way down the 90 and the 88. Well… just outside Cortland, I see two troopers in the usual radar spot (center of the interstate) shooting the shit. Well, one of them throws the lights on and bolts out after we pass on by. I’m thinking maybe someone at the tail end was flying to catch up with us or something, so I just keep driving. Well, he pulled me over out of the ~7 car group for 75 in a 65. Upon my request for validation as I said my speedo was saying 70, he said he cleared the radar or whatever. Oy vey! So he hands me the ticket and says enjoy your trip, and flies out of there. WTF is this crap? He singled me out in my sister’s slow ass Sunfire, didn’t validate it, and allt he while I was staying with the traffic, not trying to speed up or slow down, cruising at 75 in the pack. I’m not saying I wasn’t going 75, but wtf is this crap just picking me out of the group? I haven’t gotten a ticket before, and since its over 250 miles away, I’ll have to send it in. If I plea not guilty, I’d have to show up to court, correct? If I plead guilty, then I get the shaft. Whats my best option?

I’d plead not guilty… I’ve handled it w/out going to court before… you have to fill out a special form…

Not guilty with or without a supporting deposition?

I would Google the court to find their phone number and Talk to the clerk and find out what she recomends before you fill anything out.

man, they can’t pull over everyone… that’s why it was you, just happens :gotme:

good luck tho.

:word: send it in not guilty for sure

send in not guilty… go to court… talk to DA…explain your position… dont be a pussy… tell it like it is… da should reduce to parking ticket… you still pay … but no points… either way bend over for the “legal” system… its designed to protect your wallet from getting too full.

Most of the time the local Clerk will just tell you to send it in with the money, and check the Guilty box on the back. They don’t owe you any favors, and it makes it a lot easier for them. I’m pretty sure they are not going to help you in any way.

X…

got pulled over in utica this summer. 89 in a 65 and i may have tried to evade…

i wasn’t planning on going up there from long island.
i plead not guilty and then the response gave me the address of the asst. district attorney. so i wrote him a letter saying how i was innocent, was a good driver, wanted to show that i was improving my driving and could, etc…

ticket got reduced to no points and a $95 fine (plus $55 court fee) and i never had to leave town.

keep in mind this wasn’t my first ticket.
i had gotten 100/65 near binghamton and 70+/40 near where i live (also tried to evade). guess i have to keep in mind how slow my car is.
i’ve never pled guilty, even when the cop told me to or else he would hammer me in court. i’ve even had cops say they only stopped me cuz they didn’t want to go to my funeral.

Ever go fishing and catch ALL of the fish?

i got one like 2 months ago… 90 ina 65…reckless driving and 3 other tickets… all in one stop, ya he bent me over. i called up a lawyer from that area as glens falls is about a 6 hr drive… he said he will take care of it for 350 bucks… gunna be a big fine but i hope no points

Yeah just do the not guily thing. I got pulled over for going 90 in the 65 near there, Marathon to be exact. Just go to court get your parking tix and be happy with no points

:word:
I escecially liked the “fine for getting fined fine” I got last month. :tdown: