so i got 5 tickets....

i’ll start off with what i got -

1. Agrivated unlicensed operation (license was suspended cause i never paid a fine in the town of hamburg. paid it the next day, i have my license back now.)
  2. loud exaust
  3. exp. inspection
  4. non matching registration (im retarded and never put my new reg on… it was in my fucking glovebox)
  5. expired insurence (i never put my new one in the car when i renewed the policy… it expired like 3 weeks ago.)

what will get dropped if i take the car off the road? do i really need to get a lawyer? thanks.

bring in proof it off the road they will lower down alot of those cept the auo :frowning:

you should get a lawyer…and wear a suit to court…Judges like that. it shows respect(so they think) good luck;)

You do NOT need a lawyer. Walk in there like you know what you are talking about and the DA will respect YOU. The Agrivated unlicensed operation (AUO) will NOT get dropped. I think its called a 510a?. You should ask if they will lower it to a 509b? figure on a $310 fine for that one. Loud exhasut should get dismissed. Inspection will probably stick if they drop the non matching registrations. Expiered insurance will probably get lowerd but you will get something for it. My $.02 is that lawyers are a waste of time for traffic court unless you have a DWI/DUI. Ive had 8 AUO’s and they have all been lowered. I got a lawyer for my 1st one, and paid him $500. He got it lowered to a 509b which carried a $3?? fine. The 2nd one, I went in with no lawyer and walked out with another 509b. Same results for the remainder of the other 6. A lawyer is a waste of money IMO. Just know what you are talking about and you should be fine. You could always tell them that it wasnt your car, and that you were driving because your friend wasnt able to drive for some reason :snky:

I got three tickets includin a AUO and got them all dropped to moving violation fines not misd’s so did carl (mine was with a lawyer, his wasn’t)

You can’t BS your way out of all those tickets…He WILL need a lawyer. BTW lawyers don’t usually charge $500 for traffic court…what lawyer did you use?

As long as you actually have insurance and valid registration, you can get out of those tickets.

They will nail you for inspection, which is just a fine. The license thing, hmm not sure about that. Loud exhaust…If you can quiet it in some way for your court date then you can say it was fixed or whatever.

My little bro was pulled over a few months ago for no insurance & loud exhaust. He fixed the muffler and proved that he had insurance and I think all he got was a $20 fine. They told him he would need a lawyer as well, but that was not the case.

1. Agrivated unlicensed operation (license was suspended cause i never paid a fine in the town of hamburg. paid it the next day, i have my license back now.)- This will get reduced to an AUO. This is the most serious charge that you have going against you. Its not that big of a deal tho IMO
  2. loud exaust- This will probably get dropped if you tell then that a.The car was taken off the road or b.You had it fixed.
  3. exp. inspection- This will probably stick. Its just a fine though with no surcharge. Expect to pay $100 for this one.
  4. non matching registration (im retarded and never put my new reg on… it was in my fucking glovebox)- Explain that it was in your glove box tho and if the DA is cool, he will probably drop it or at least reduce it.
    5. expired insurence (i never put my new one in the car when i renewed the policy… it expired like 3 weeks ago.)- This one wil most likely NOT get dropped. You cant get out of it and prove that you ahd insurance because you DIDNT. Its sorta a big thing just because if you were to get into an accident and hurt someone, you dont have any insurance. They would wind up suing you for everything your worth in most situations. This could get lowered to something less serious like passing a bus or something stupid like that.

You do NOT need a lawyer. Ive gone up in front of the judge for everything that you have and Ive faired VERY well. Last week I was In OP for Tint, inspection, exhaust, and insurance. I walked in there like I knew what i was talking about and I walked out with a $100 inspection fine and thats it. If I were to hire a lawyer, I would have had to pay for his/her services as well as the fine so that probably would have been close to $500. When I went into talk to the DA, he asked me if I had anything to say. I told him that the car I was driving was NOT mine and that I was driving it for a friend who had just bought it. I told him that I thought everything was taken care of for it to be road worthy because I stood there and watched said friend put the new license plates on. If you tell him this, Just make sure that you let him know that you are aware of the fact that you are responsible for the car that you are driving. YOU DO NOT NEED A LAWYER. Those people who tell you that yo do need one for traffice tickets are retarded. The only traffic that you would need a lawyer for is a DWI/DUI. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY GETTING A LAWYER FOR SIMPLE TRAFFIC TICKETS. I have gone before judges for probably everthing in the book. Ive only gotten a lawyer 2 times (I was a newb at court back then) and it was a waste of money. Just know what you are talking about and if you think that you are getting nailed hard for the charges, ask the DA if you can postpone your judgement and then get a lawyer.

GL with everything and keep us updated.:tup:

BTW, where were these tickets issued?

I believe he did have insurance just the card in his car expired 3 weeks prior.

Damn. Good luck with that.

ya, my insurance is fine… i just never put my new id card in my car.

only about 40% of my pay is on the books. they said i can hire a public defender or something. i think im going to try that.

its in eden btw. i think they’re going to fuck me hard.

I disagree with DrImodium…not everyone has the ability to lie their way out of a mess. not all lawyers are that expensive either. i think if you want to walk away from this with the least amount of charges and money paid then i would hire a lawyer for sure! you can’t count on luck or BS…it doesn’t work that way :slight_smile:

Obviously you dont know how to sell something to someone then. If you walk the walk and know how to talk the talk, the prosecuter will respect you and as long as you dont have a big file of previous offenses, it will show him that you did your homework. If you are a baller and $$$ is no object, then sure hire a lawyer, and let him do the same thing that you can do yourself. I gotta ask you tho GSTairs, how many times have you been in court? How many tickets have you gotten and how many tickets have you gotten out of? If this site had a list of how many tickets you have gotten since you have gotten your license and averaged it out to see how many tickets you get each year, I would probably be in the top five. I am by no means bragging about this but it is what it is. From the sounds of it, your the type of person who shits his pants when he gets a ticket. Your the type of person who doesnt eat before your go to court because you have butterflies in your stomach. The majority of us on this forum are poor. We cant afford to go out and hire a lawyer for every little offense. I gave my advise with the thinking that he doesnt have a lot of money to spend on this. If you can get a public defender, the DEFFINTIELY do that, but the chances are that you wont get one. Publice defenders are reserved for people with SERIOUS crimes, ie. DWI/DUI, Hit and run, ect. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY IF YOU DONT HAVE TO. But on a side not, thank you GSTairs, because of people like you, I will be a rich bitch once I am out of law school. I love all the people who get tickets and run to their lawyers because they think that its a huge deal. EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY ACTION!

Umm you don’t have to be a dick to her, she is just saying that not everyone can goto court without a lawyer and fair as well as you have. And btw a suspended license is a AUO to begin with and you cannot get it reduced from a A to a B considering a B is a more serious fine so maybe you can go and EDUCATE YOURSELF… and I only paid $250 for a lawyer who I didn’t even know before hand

uhhhhhhhhh. can you change ur avatar. it bugs me.

I understand what she(?) is saying, however, I have had a lot of experience in this and school has also taught me a lot. If you go into court and talk to the DA, 9 times out of 10, if you think you are being dicked, you can ask the DA to postpone judgement and ask to talk to your lawyer and come back. If you want to waste your money right out of the gate and hire a lawyer then by all means do it. If you think you cna qualify for a public defender then do that. My point is that you DONT need a lawyer for petty offenses like these. Most of them will get dropped. Just have some confidence.
And on a side note, auttiquattro, an AUO is actually a 511.01a, which is an Aggrivated unlicensed opperator. The most common thing that they REDUCE it to is a 509.01b which IS a LESSER charge and is just an unlicensed driver charge, NO MISDEMEANOR. Seek your own advise.

That is all

i had this happen to me before as well… it got reduced to failure to change adress on my license. a $70 fine. but this was in the town of hamburg…

so… lets say that i go there on may 2nd without a lawyer. if the da dicks me around, and i dont like the fines, ect… can i postpone it again?it already was postponed, there wasnt a da there cause its fucking country bumpkin eden. the next time he would be there was the 2nd.

Yes you can postpone it again. When he/she starts “bargaining” with you, If you dont think that he is being fair IYO, tell him that you didnt think things were going to go that way and ask him if it would be alright to consult your lawyer and come back again. Im asuming the first time you went you just went to plead guilty or not guilty? This next time that you go you will see either the DA or the town prosecuter, Most likely the DA tho.

well congrats on doing so many stupid things that you have ended up in court so many times. I don’t think Jam wants to lose his liscense, or pay huge fines and maybe he won’t be as lucky as you were to lie and BS your way out of your charges. You can find a decent lawyer for not alot of money. Relax dude…he is only asking for advice…it doesn’t mean that whatever you say is the best thing to do. Jam…if you want some more specifics on what to do PM me and I will ask one of the lawyers I work with for some REAL legal advice :slight_smile:

FYI i just looked up the inspection ticket online and it is quite the finem 50-100 bucks + mandatory surcharge of $55 http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/vehsafe.htm

i looked it up because i was going to send in a plee of guilty and pay the fine but i thought it was only $30 or something stupid but thats definately worth it for me to go into court to get fucked in the ass instead of through mail.