So I got arrested

I was driving home from work really quick to get money for smokes and went to the store, Came out of the store and there was a cop sittin on the corner, I was like okay sure, Got in my car and drove off, Cop goes the other way. So I turn the corner. Went down the side street to get over to harlem and went a few blocks down and POOF, Theres the cop behind me again. So I turn onto harlem and sure enough, I get pulled over. So he comes up asking for the usual. I only had my license and Registration card on me. So I told him I had no proof of insurance. So he say to wait and comes back up saying my Registration is expired. I’m like WHAT? I just paid the inlaws for it! So he asked if I had anything wrong with my license, I stated I had a suspention a while back but had the propper paper work at home for it. So he asked me to step out, and I got arrested and the car got impounded. IM LIKE WTF!

Problem is, I THOUGHT the regisration was valid cause it’s in My Inlaws name. Well Guess I was wrong! And the paper work for my suspention was Never turned into the DMV. the car expired 6/06 and the license was suspended april 2005.

So I got two tickets for Unregistered vehicle and Aggravated Unlicensed Operation.

Might as well pled Guilty and pay the fine huh?

I wondering whats going to happen, Am I fucked?

BTW, I JUST GOT HOME, HAD TO WALK HOME. the wifey Is FLIPPIN on her parents right now “They live below us”

I hate this house so much, They Fuck us ALL the time like this, Not to mention they fucked us with a $400. Directv bill

I assume you’re joking? If you had proof you paid the fine the officer had no reason to arrest you despite his computer saying you were suspended. If you had a notorized copy of the reciept from court. Which is the bit of your story that just sounds totally out of whack to me.

wow sorry to hear, i got fucked on a suspended drivers lisence deal. the dmv never transfered my lisence over

plead not guilty, it will get lowered and bring in some paperwork

it got suspended cause back when, I had a truck repoed and the cops took the plates and never turned them into the dmv. So there for I got suspended for insurance lapse cause I never turned my plates in “due to the cops having them”.

Can I plead not guilty to this even though I didnt know the reg was expired? and me having a suspention and knowing it?

DONT plea guitly, i had the same thing happen to me. bring papers saying ur license was valid just wasn never turned into the dmv. chockdawaga did the same thing to me and never turned in my papers claiming i was suppose to but never told me that or gave me anything. i had all charges droped and for th eregisteration if u really paid it get paperwork saying it was paid they will have to drop all charges

I cant find that paper work, And the regisration WASNT paid! I thought it was paid for when it wasnt. I gave the inlaws the money to renew it but they never did. And all the paper work i had from the repo was lost, So pretty much Im standing here with legit charges.

The Asshole inlaws are claiming they never got a renewal order and they cant find it even if they did. So WTF. Now I have to kiss they ass tomorrow to go and have them drive me to get my property out of the car.

Lol, Did I mention I’m suppose to be at work? I called my boss and was Like, Can I just run home to get some cash for smokes so I can pull a double? He agreed to it. And now I’m Carless and Most likely Jobless. FUCKING SMOKES MAN, This is what i have to say thanks to, If it wasnt for that Id be sitting in my car sleeping right now. I’m just so pissed at myself right now! I now have to way back and forth to work, and I am the only one in my family that works

1-800-JOES-DAD

Lawyer time.

i had the same thing happen to me sort of
Id get a lawyer and make a deal,Dont plead guilty .Its going to cost a good hunk of change either way

go to DMV tomorrow, fix your shit.

then hire a lawyer. it WILL turn out fine, like an 1110A + fines.

trust me, been there done that, I know what an AUO 3rd is - not my fault, but having had to deal with it, you do NOT want to plead guilty, cuz if you have a 2nd one, it’s usually an AUO 1st, which involves mandatory jail. BAD.

PS, while you’re at it, quit smoking, it’ll pay for the lawyer…

All I can offer is sympathy. Sounds rough. I agree, don’t just plead guilty. BTW: too bad the cops can’t be out there catching real criminals for the $50+/h or so salary and benefits we pay them. But that would be difficult and maybe even dangerous. So, they drive around running plates. Nice work if you can get it.

this is why you dont count on other people to do shit for you

yeah I though AUO 3rd was some serious crap “Which it still kinda is”.

But after i read the law book I understand why i got that.

Well I’m off riding My bike to amherst to get my check and try to take care of this freaking matter. Go figure on the way there i get to see my car in the impound.
Hopfully I can stop there and get my smokes and phone out of the car.

We’ll see, I’ll keep ya’ll posted!

So I have to ask, What happened to you if you got charged with it?

Like years without driving and couple hundred in fines?

maybe you can get that money back from that dude to help cover the fines.

nope. Ironically, it happened TWO times:

First time, it was merely a paperwork problem between Henrietta Town Court and Albany - they forgot to mail proof of payment / I was accused of having not paid / not showed up for my court date. I ended up getting pulled in the Town of Greece and they booked me, took me in, thankfully the guy pulling me over went to HS with my buddy who came up to help, and he let him drive my car home. I went to Henn. and insisted they fax it then and there and provide me a reciept, showed proof of “WTF MATE” in court, got it all dropped to a parking ticket + fine. To say the least I was pissed I had to pay for NY’s mistake, but it’s better than it going on my record / I wasn’t about to argue w/ the Judge, and in THIS case it wasn’t all that much (cheaper than calling a lawyer).

Second time, I bought a car, the lazy douche bags I bought it from (Import AutoHaus in Roc) managed to forget to turn some shit into DMV re: the car I traded them, thus NYS thought I owned the Honda still, and that it was uninsured (since obviously the day I traded it I called my Ins. co and told them to remove it from my policy). There’s a law saying for every X days you have an uninsured vehicle, they suspend your license X days (from when you fix it). Needless to say I was in Georgia on the AKA rally, got pulled over for a “routine stop” (cop wasn’t thrilled with my Laser jammer pwning his shit when we passed him at 140+) and they were going to let me leave until my license came up suspended… Jail isn’t fun. Especially as a New Yorker in the south. 6 hours later they finally released me on $755 bail and after I got home, a phone call from my lawyer cleared everything up (didn’t even have to go to court). Napier & Napier FTW!

uh, doesn’t nys registration say in big letters right on the sticker when it expires?

^^ true.

if it was “suspended”, then maybe there is a case here… and if your license gets suspended, but you take care of it, the courts tell u MAKE SURE TO CARRY THIS PAPERWORK WITH YOU, b/c it doesnt update in the police network cpu’s for awhile… so it sucks but it’s your own fault.

i do agree that the police should be out catching “real criminals”… BUT, did you know that often times when they pull over someone after checking a tag or for an expired inspection or what not… many times that person has drugs, warrants out, weapons, etc etc? it makes sense…

yeah they want $75 for towing it Across the street from where i got pulled over “Ironicly I was right infront of the inpound” $25 for storing it over night and $25. a day there after. Plus the re-registration, Plus Inspection. So I’m guttin the car today and saying Bye bye to it. I have a Conversion mini van thats sittin here in my back yard that I’ve been neglecting to fix, So now I have no choice! “Just needs breaks and break lines”. I can’t afford to pay the price they want to get this car out. So I have no choice but to just take everything out of it and to just say SEE YA!

sell the van for $100, get your car back?

ps, BRAKES