Gun Laws 01/14/2013

Keep this section to post facts the best you can see them:

The obvious and simple one is :

1. Pistol Permit:
    Must re-apply with simple form by 2018, and every 5 years after.

Pain in the ass, steps on rights, but all laws do to some extent. Will it be a slippery slope to take licenses? Who knows

1. Mental Health
    Therapist MUST inform state if they have concerns and hand in guns if you have a known mental disorder. This portion is wide spread and many can fall into it. For instance: If you have order of protection against you or similar, guns will likely have to be handed in, to maybe someday get back, or not.

There are good portions to this section and bad portions.

1. All private sales must occur with a backround check by appropriate authority, and thus registration. or its a CLASS A MISDEMEANOR. Thats not bad, but what follows makes it a felony at some point. Thats just one of many charges that would likely be made, depending on situation.

please add stuff as you come to understand it, so much important stuff left… Im done for now

It is illegal to purchase new magazines with anything greater than 7 rounds for any gun. Existing 10 round mags are grandfathered in but you can only put 7 in them. All preban (before 94) mags are to be sold out of state within a year.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2230-2013 So people can read it and post to the best of their understanding.

Any ammunition purchases must be through an FFL and require a background check. All online ammo sales must be to a licensed FFL and will still need to go through the background check + a fee. If you purchase large quantities the state police will be alerted of the purchase.

Here is your list of traitors:

Ayes (43): Adams, Addabbo, Avella, Boyle, Breslin, Carlucci, Diaz, Dilan, Espaillat, Felder, Flanagan, Fuschillo, Gianaris, Gipson, Golden, Grisanti, Hannon, Hassell-Thomps, Hoylman, Kennedy, Klein, Krueger, Lanza, Latimer, LaValle, Marcellino, Martins, Montgomery, O’Brien, Parker, Peralta, Perkins, Rivera, Sampson, Sanders, Savino, Serrano, Skelos, Smith, Squadron, Stavisky, Stewart-Cousin, Valesky

Voting against the bill:
Nays (18): Ball, Bonacic, DeFrancisco, Farley, Gallivan, Griffo, Larkin, Libous, Little, Marchione, Maziarz, Nozzolio, O’Mara, Ranzenhofer, Ritchie, Robach, Seward, Young

Excused (1): Zeldin

Skelos even voted aye. what a peice of shit.

As stated by wayne:

you can keep your 10 round mags if you have them as of today, but nothing larger. All new purchases will have to be 7 round. So 10 rounders just became to us what 20s and 30s pre-bans were. The new pre-ban wants will be the 10s. I missed where we can only load 7 into the ten tho. Hmmm. this might be it…

41 S 265.37 UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF CERTAIN AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.
42 IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO KNOWINGLY POSSESS AN AMMUNITION
43 FEEDING DEVICE THAT SUCH PERSON LAWFULLY POSSESSED BEFORE THE EFFECTIVE
44 DATE OF THE CHAPTER OF THE LAWS OF TWO THOUSAND THIRTEEN WHICH ADDED
45 THIS SECTION, THAT HAS A CAPACITY OF, OR THAT CAN BE READILY RESTORED OR
46 CONVERTED TO ACCEPT MORE THAN SEVEN BUT LESS THAN TEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNI-
47 TION, WHERE SUCH DEVICE CONTAINS MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION.
48 IF SUCH DEVICE CONTAINING MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION IS
49 POSSESSED WITHIN THE HOME OF THE POSSESSOR, THE PERSON SO POSSESSING THE
50 DEVICE SHALL, FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF A VIOLATION AND SUBJECT
51 TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS, AND FOR A SECOND OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF
52 A CLASS B MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A
53 TERM OF UP TO THREE MONTHS IMPRISONMENT.
54 IF SUCH DEVICE CONTAINING MORE THAN SEVEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION IS
55 POSSESSED IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN THE HOME OF THE POSSESSOR, THE
56 PERSON SO POSSESSING THE DEVICE SHALL, FOR A FIRST OFFENSE, BE GUILTY OF
S. 2230 25 A. 2388

1  A CLASS B MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE OF TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A
2  TERM OF UP TO SIX MONTHS IMPRISONMENT, AND  FOR  A  SECOND  OFFENSE,  BE
3  GUILTY OF A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR.

We should post names and addresses of Senators btw

So mag size seems to be the tangable change…

What I fail to see is…

Is an AR-15 with just a forward grip and 7 round mag legal?

Its defined as an assult weapon just by having a pistol grip now… but is it legal to have 2 charistics (in this example, the 2nd being a forward grip)

Didn’t they ban it based on manufacturer too though?

pretty sure you will have to pin the 7rd in. if it has ability to accept 10rd its illegal if semi. from my understanding ask a lawyer before

Good thing I don’t own anything that these laws would apply to…

No, AR’s are now illegal as they have a detachable magazine AND one evil feature already…that being THE pistol grip.

I spent hours here at the shop having discussions with Vlad about this. I’m currently tooling up ideas for fixed/permanent mag AR conversions that would subvert this bullshit law if it’s not overturned in court

Does this only apply to ARs? What about other guns with removable magazines?

if it has a removable magazine and ONE of either a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, threaded barrel, muzzle brake or compensator(including ones that are part of the barrel from the factory, IE non-removable), or an adjustable/folding stock it is considered an assault rifle and is illegal.

The grandfathering is weak as it doesn’t state whether current AR’s can be grandfathered in as is or must be converted to non-assault status. On top of that you;re now registering them, so when the govt want to confisgate they know where to fucking go now.

Good luck. I know this will be a law I’m going to be breaking big time…

All guns with magazines

But guys this is gonna stop the shootings.

The politicians will be able to boast able quick action to “protect” the people with these absurd new gun laws.

Inorite!!! Taking away three rounds will magically stop the killings, and making it so the good people can’t own AR’s anymore will make things safer.

No fucks given. I’d be 100% for non-compliance here if I owned a gun.