Help! Need to quiet my exhaust in 7 days

Well I got a ticket today for inadequate muffler on central as I drove home from work. I have a GT35R with straight through 3" downpipe and midpipe with a Apexi N1 catback. Granted this shit is loud as hell and I even want to make it quieter. I just didn’t plan on doing it within a certain time line. I need to decide if I am going to put a muffler like the Borla XR-1, a high flow cat or maybe even both. Is there anywhere local that would carry this stuff?

what kind of car?

Uh the Borla XR1 is loud. Like the same straight-through kind of loud you have now. I have 2 straight through resonator/mufflers and it’s way too loud for the street. Get a legit muffler somewhere in there.

A resonator or two will quiet it down some.

add a muffler somewhere in the midpipe, or couldn’t you just source a silencer?

Whats the size of the tip in the apexi N1. There are universal silncers for those cans and I think Apexi still makes them as well i have gotten them for customers in the past

I’ll actually see about a silencer for the Apexi. I have a '94 RX7 with an aggressive street ported 13B-REW and pretty much everything done under the hood with a conservative tune. The Borla XR-1 seems to be what all the rotary guys use, that or the comparable Magnaflow. I thought that is a muffler? What can you guy’s recommend and or where to go?

what color is your car

As for a resonator are you talking about a glasspack? Anyone know anything about this ATS Active Tail Silencer that Apexi offers? There is that or just the plain one.

Silver

No, not a glasspack. Some cars use a resonator from the factory and you can just buy a resonator.
My brother bought one for the 4" pipe on his truck.

leave it the way it is and pay the fine!

So says the policeman :lol +1 though :rofl

I can’t afford to get tickets. I start Nursing School on the 8th and won’t be working so I can do well since they gave me a full scholarship so I’ll be living off my military benefits. I drive the FD mostly and leave my civic at my brothers, at least till the snow flies. During school these next couple years with my limited funds I won’t be able to get my methanol injection if I keep getting tickets;)

nursing school? well at least jay wont be the only one

go see inline

Who’s Jay, is gonna be going to Ellis starting this semester? Does inline stock parts that could be useful to me?

yea they carry piping , you may have to buy your own muffler tho

code blue on here he is a man nurse cool as hell ,and a 700 horse integra lololol inline does good work i guess ,avoid gearhead i hear they are shitty

Any straight through muffler is going to be loud for the most part. I have the OEM muffler and resonator on my car and it’s perfect for a daily. Nice and quiet for cruising but it gets noticably louder than stock when you get on the gas. I changed my header back piping to 2.5" stainless, and have a midlength header with 3" DP and magnaflow high flow cat.

:gay2