muffler

g/f is buying me an exhaust for a belated b-day present, i am wondering what muffler i should go with? i already know it is gonna be a universal so i can choose the the tip shape and size i want. i am trying to decide between magnaflow, borla, and flowmaster, i want something as deep and throaty as i can get out of a 4-banger, but i also want to be able to dirve on the highway without killing my ears, now i have heard the flowmaster drones really loudly at highway speeds, any one know diff? i should be getting it done next week, yay, time to get rid of that riced out peice grapefruit shooter i got

You should try out the Borla exhaust. I remember reading a magazine awhile back and the writers just loved the growl of the Borla.

yea i heard it on a mx6, with the v6 and it was sexy, but that was also a v6 and mazda, but it is high on my list out the the 3

i gotta magnaflow on the gts,it sounds pretty good for a super cheap muffler.needs some 3 inch,cat-less,straight pipe on it though.i used to have the same thing on my other hyundai also and it sounded wicked for a 4 banger.

I also like the Magnaflow line… Thing is for some reason muffler prices have sky rocketed lately. Don’t know why this is. My muffler cost me $143 and MrsRage which is the same thing a year later was $245.

i gots the apexi N1 and its ok. mine isnt as deep as everyone elses with the N1 bc i got my cat cut out and just welded a 2.5" pipe in its place. but the apexi N1 sounds good if u just use it with a cat back… not so sure as an axle back. gf has the dual magnaflow catback and its really deep and nice. i love it.