im switching mufflers, what do you guys think i should get?

th eflow master is WAY to loud
so i want sonething with packing and a drop in silencer
prices are in us dollars

You for got about flowmaster. I have a flow master. But its pretty dam lowed to and I hate it. When I am on the phone its so annoying. But it was a good price and was not strait though so it’s not illegal.
i think its this one: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/50series.html?id=G8gn8aNR

i can hook you up with a brand new 5Zigen Muffler for 200 bucks, in the box never been oppened, retail is 259.99 american

Actually his loud CrapMaster exhaust already has a Flowmaster muffler. And I think you are confusing a straight pipe and a straight through muffler. Only one of which is illegal.

Something’s gotta be wrong with your motor for it to be screaming that
much. Anywho I have a Flowmaster 40 and I llike it. Sounds rather good.
Lots of drone, but I’ve gotten used to it. I dunno, if you can, try
out different mufflers.

If I had to choose from there, I’d prolly try the Magnaflow.

Yeah, it’s a rotary. :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted for the Blitz.

Yeah, it’s a rotary. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Yeah thats true. Rotarys are extremely loud. And I don’t know of a exhaust system that can make it quiet. But most people say the Racing Beat sounds the best. Anyways I voted for Tanabe.

I have a Magnaflow and its not too loud at all! until you give’r ofcourse then it gets up there but for normal street driving I would recommend it for sure.

u mean a resonator? that should help without sacrificing performance.

I already have an 18inch long 3 inch diameter silencer and a high flow cat
there isnt a lot of room for another muffler

Get a buddy to video tape your car in idle and as it rips through some
roads. Just so we get an idea how lould this sucker is.

I’ll host the video for you if need be.

are we voteing for just the muffler or the whole cat back, i want a APEXi N1 cat back for my car but if ur just getting the muffler i like Tanabe or HKS

Actually his loud CrapMaster exhaust already has a Flowmaster muffler. And I think you are confusing a straight pipe and a straight through muffler. Only one of which is illegal.[/quote]
OT: the exhaut shop told me that strate though mufflers illegal?

Actually his loud CrapMaster exhaust already has a Flowmaster muffler. And I think you are confusing a straight pipe and a straight through muffler. Only one of which is illegal.[/quote]
OT: the exhaut shop told me that strate though mufflers illegal?[/quote]
that’s BS… mufflers have nothing to do with emissions… the only way it could get u in trouble is if it’s crazy loud (u can get tickets, but it’s impossible for cops to prove in court).

Blitz NUR Spec would be a good choice. It all depends on what kind of sound levels you can bare with. Most straight-throughs perform relatively equal, given less than a 2% difference unless there’s some kind of restriction. Just pick the one with the best quality, straightest piping, and price.

Used to have a Apexi N1 Dual on a 87 RX7 TII and it was way too loud. I think you should try and locate a Racing Beat unit.
BTW if you want to know, here was the set-up…
HKS 3inch DP to Apexi N1 Dual

Here is a pic of the N1 (not my car though)
http://www.rx7.com/pics/fc-apex-dn1.jpg

thanks. ive got a singe 3 inch system, turbo back
so mine would be even louder
i think im gonna go with a magnaflow oval and a drop in silencer

Straight Through Mufflers are Illegal?

thats not possible
the new neon srt doesnt even have mufflers
old viper had lake pipes which are straight through