WTB: magnaflow muffler (anyone get these)

Im looking for this particular magnaflow muffler

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=577

can anyone get these at a descent price? thought it be worth a try

Did you ask Greg?

Same one as I have on my car now, It should be very easy to get. I got mine from Budget exhaust in Burlington installed with 3" piping, stianless cat from the turbo elbow for something like $700.

Well im considering installing it as a 2nd muffler, somewhere in the middle of my exhaust just to quiet things down, Ive read about people doing this with very minimal power loss and eliminating a lot of exhaust noise… Im getting old and my exhaust is getting loud for me.

isn’t that the same one they sell at canadian tire. I bought one of them for my pathfinder and it sounds nice. not loud, just a deeper tone. And no I can’t feel the horsepower gain on my 155hp v6 :slight_smile:

Yeah Im sure canadian tire does sell all magnaflows, just thought maybe someone might have a better hookup that 170$ (i think thats what it costs)

besides Im just thinking about the 2nd muffler option, not sure ill go through with it just yet

Maybe it’s not the same then, that link you had did not show a pic. The discription sounds the same though. I Know where you are coming from with how it sounds. You must have the KA. It’s really not that loud…its just that it echos really bad inside the car, right at the RPM that you tend to cruise at.

The extra straight through exhaust is not going to make enough of a difference to performace to worry about. As long as the stock cat and resonator is gone.

I have a Magnaflow 2.25 or 2.5 high flow resonator that i could sell you. It really made a difference in my car.

You could have it for 50 bucks.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/14319.jpg

this is the pic, the link does show me a pic … hmm

anyways No I do have an SR with a 3" turbo back custom exhaust, not really all that loud, when I was younger I loved it, but now I’m getting old and the noise is just bugging me. I wanted to put something like the pic above somewhere in the middle of my 3" piping as a 2nd exhaust to quiet things down, I’ve read on FA that people have done this with great success.