Quiet Exhausts?

After getting pulled over a few times for my loud 2.5 " apexi N1 exhuast on my KA, I would like a quiet exhaust system for my upcoming sr20.

Does anyone have any reccomendations? ive heard RS*R make some silent 3" exhaust sytems. Has anyone owned/heard an HKS Hi-Power exhaust, how loud is it?

Megan racing with the silencer sounds like stock on the SR.

But i run the megan without silencer on my SR, sounds very nice.

trust power etreme 2… very quiet…

for sure

GT

RSR-Ex Mag is probobally the quietest 3" system for a turbo application

the borla/dupree combination on my 300ZX is quiet… but turbo cars are usually not as loud as NA anyway…

plus dupree is 300Zx only i think.

You answered your own question. Sticking a Turbo inbetween the engine and the exhaust will quiet it down exponentially.

All the cars we have imported that had Kakimoto exhaust’s have been very quite. If this would fit a 240s could be an option.

I’m running an A’PEXi N1 3" cat-back without a silencer on my SR and it sounds quieter than when I was running stock exhaust.

Like nik said, the megan with the silencer in is really really quiet.

are you guys running cats or testpipes?

I heard the RS*R ExMag exhaust for the 240 is one of the quietest ones out there…

that’s why I ordered one :smiley:

I’m going the slightly smaller piping (2.5") and resonator route, with stock-looking tips.

Smaller piping should help reduce the “rumble” effect, and mufflers/resonators tend to quiet the car while driving through the rev-range - especially to the limit. In my experience anyway…and yes the turbo helps quiet things.

ian, if you are going SR AND run a cat, any exhuast that has a nice big resonator will be pretty quiet…

i have full 3 inch up to the cat back
which is stock
i was gonna go 3 inch, but i love how quiet it is.
so ill just get a screamer pipe and be done with it.

Can anyone direct me to someone on SON who has good experience with custom exhausts?

with full custom you are kinda taking risk.

there are reputable shops in niagara that i wouldnt even touch.

with a custom exhuast first you have to find an honest mechanic (very difficult to find) then you have to get one that is good (even harder to find)

then you have to get one who is cheap (good luck) and then the product itself as to be up to par.

or you could just get a full catback off the shelf.

i can do a full S14 from turbo back on an SR for $800 cdn in your hands and have Chris install it for you here in niagara in an afternoon.

wont be very quiet but you wont find anything that’ll give you more power

its actually not as quiet as ppl say it is. check out on zilvia there are vids and sound clips of it in action.

Apex N1 Evolution buddy its so quiet at idle and crusing around its quieter than a lot of STOCK cars, like my moms stock TT ALMS package is about as loud as my car at idle and slow take off.

Now i had the exhaust extended and the resonator removed so its loud as fuck :smiley:

ive done a couple, whats up

What is the quality and fitment like on the megan exaust products? I’m looking for a full 3" solution, from turbo to muffler. Also any one had good experiance with aftermarket turbo manifolds? I’ve seen quite a few people talk about cracking them. Any one want to meet up so I can hear a megan exaust on an SR? Any one goto the West end meets that runs a SR with megan or even some other 3" exaust? I’de love to hear some real world examples :slight_smile:

P.S Didn’t mean to hijack this thread just figured there was already one on the same lines of my questions… if its a problem let me know I’ll make a new thread for it.