hicas

So I was thinking of taking off the hicas, I disconnected the lines and want to remove the whole system, now I was wondering if I can take the ends after the drive shaft and switch it with a non hicas? Is it simply a knuckle type deal that can be replaced? Or would I have to change the whole diff? which is something i dont want to do.

just get a hicas bypass bar…

where can i get it cuz ive looked around and cant find it…

plus i think that would cost too much id rather do without it.

any other ways?

plus orgional question.

if u wanna disconnect hicas w/o one of those hicas bypass bar, then u’ll have get a non hicas subframe,rear kunckles, pretty sure u need those suspension arms aswell, plus redrill i think 2 of the holes(unsure about redrilling holes, pretty sure someone else can confirm)
hicas bypass bar, u can find them on ebay or smth
i got mine on ebay for $100 +/- forgot alrdy…

imo hicas bypass bar is way ezier to do…
i did mine in around 2 hrs or so and half of the time i was trying to take one of the inner tie rod out of the hicas rack…

maybe i shall look into it. But then again there is also the weight issue, the hicas rack takes up quite a few pounds. when u put the cansel bar in is the whole rack out? where does the bar connect?

that bypass bar replaces the hicas rack completely, a direct bolt on. u just disconnect the hicas line, loop them, then remove the inner tie rod out of the old hicas rack, remove teh hicas rack, then put the bypass bar where the rack is used to be, use the same bolt holes, then screw the inner tie rods into the bypass bar

my bypass bar is light as a feather compare to the old hicas rack

the guys at intense motorsports have made HICAS lockers in the past, check their vendor section project cars…

or buy the subframe, send it to Jedi_car_fan, have it refinished with powder coating, replace all bushings with energy and bings solid collars,

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26769

I mean this is an expensive option, but the subframe can always be sold later or put on another S13 etc.

Bings collars $125?
Energy master kit $170 @ napa?
subframe $150?
Jeff’s services?

Thanks I appreciate it :slight_smile:

but are thoses bars as good or better because i know ppl change the subframes for comfort???

the hicas eliminator kits work fine and are under 200 i believe

to properly change out HICAS, there are 3 saftey valves under teh alternator along with couple PS lines that should be removed…

1 - Pretty/function do the swap,
2- just for function, loop the pressure line and get hicas locker bars…

3 - for track swap teh frame and get the new bushings…

What I did was swap out the whole subframe, take out the vanes in the pump, and block the lines off at the back where the original banjo bolts went in.

Done and done.