hicas lock rods

what are you guys using to eliminate hicas?

subframe swap.
I know there are a couple of threads on here about it and prolly more on other 240sx forums…

the reason i ask is because i am working on a set of rods that bolt to the original holes for the rear rack. they have a brass bushing and sholder bolt so they will pivote with rear susspention also put a grease fitting in the pivote so they are greaseable. i have a set on one car now to see how they do with handling and tire wear. the reason i started this was because i found a set made by a company in the states that wanted $425 us for a kit. and all it did was lock the rear steering valve so fluid couldnt flow. you had to keep all the hardware from the hicas in the car. i wanted to eliminate all the weight of the pump devertor, lines, perportioning motor, the rear rack ect. for alot less money. i would like to post some pics to get your guys opinion. if thats ok.

for $425 you can buy a used subframe, get it powder coated, get every suspension arm fully adjustable, with aluminum bushings. and have money left over

thats what i said. i couldnt under stand why it was so much.there had to be a cheaper way.and no quite as much work as replacing the subframe.

I think Jessie is telling you the best way is just to pick up a non hicas subframe and swap it. …

how much would you pay for a subframe. and thats quit a bit of work

took me 3.5 hours doing it by myself with air tools and no hoist.

someone installed the parts for me while i dropped my subframe then put it back in.

it took more time to build the subframe than it took to drop it and take out the diff

did it cost you more or less than $200 and max 1.5 hours

all im saying is it seemed like alot of work to go to the wreckers find one pull it out. bring it home re/re every thing off of the car. all i did was make some lock rods that would pivot with suspention. put them on.

Ya, I saw these rods, last month – they’re slick. And looks real simple to install.

I think I’ll be geting a set off of you next week.

These sound interesting. Post pics.

Scott

im pritty new at this stuff. i think i have to open a web page and load pics to my page and then i can take them from page to post is this right? is there an easier way.

yes there is an easier way:
http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13494

aslong as the quality is good and they are load tested then i will buy them 100%