Home buying sucks!

its so hard to find what your looking for…
we’re looking for a home in the south hills and has to have a garage. we’re looking at around $60,000 and under.

we went to go look at a house the other week since my girlfriend’s friend is a realitor, $49,500 dead end street in castle shannon, nice neighborhood, ranch with a garage. exterior looked pretty nice and once we walked in WOW.
after looking around the place I was ready to put in a bid, BUT, the fucking website never updated their info… it was already sold for $49,500 and it was remodeled a little, the new asking price is $129,000. what a kick in the balls lol

few weeks later another house on the same street went up at the same price, I told them I wanted to check it out before the same guy that flipped the other house got his hands on it. well he’s already grabbed it up…

Im about ready to buy a doublewide and toss it on a foundation on a nice peice of land my aunt has in finleyville and call it a day

then you are defeating the purpose of buying a home… doublewides aren’t exactly an investment.

Neither are Nissans.

good luck at finding a 60 thousand dollar house in a nice neighborhood

. Our house was 72k and it’s in a shitty neighborhood.

mine was 90 on a major road outside the ghetto.

60 g’s look up in w.mifflin in what they call the flat roofs. they are off of old elizabeth rd by the old sams club pretty cheap up there. other then that… good luck.

i can’t find anything under 150, sucks

I just went through HUD, it took about 2 months for them to do their paper work. But all said and done 60k for 3 story 4 bedroom 2 car garage, near the city…ok neighborhood.

search for the house on bluemont up behind the old sam’s club :idhitit:
9 car garage > *

we’re looking for a home in the south hills and has to have a garage. we’re looking at around $60,000 and under.

No offense- but if you’re looking for a “decent” house in a “nice” neighborhood, you’re going to need to spend a lot more than $60,000. I really think you should consider waiting another 2-3 years and saving some money, so you can up your range to ~$100,000 (at least). Two years ago my in-laws bought a nice, albeit small, 2-bedroom ranch with a garage out here in McCandless for $89,000…so it can be done.

That house is a few houses away from me. Those guys have a ton of nice cars. Ford gt, cobra r , etc…

I bought my house on Bluemont for 65000. It’s not a great house, but the neighborhood is great, it’s a dead end street, and it’s close to everything.

townhouse ftw…i got a great deal on mine, great area, good plan, and i nevere have to shovel/cut grass/clean gutters, its a little smaller then a house, but your right, houses r way too high.

I never understood townhouses. Having someone else’s living room 8 inches away from yours doesn’t seem like too much fun.

Shit… I haven’t been able to find a house under $220,000 that I would live in. I refuse to buy in Alleghany county though.

I am thinking about buying another house in a couple of years and I see this also. I will not buy in Allegheny county and want 5-10 acres of land. For the size of house I want, $250k is about the going rate. I can’t wait to see what it is in a few years. :frowning:

don’t get me wrong, allegheny taxes are extremely high compared to other counties in the area. Just wait though, i don’t think it’ll be too far off until some of the outlaying counties take a look around at all of the $250k+ houses that are being built and start taxing these people just the same if not more.

They don’t have to… they actually have a tax base in the outlying counties and not as much local government to support. not as many idiot democrats taking out money

its possible to find a desent house in a nice neighborhood for under 60. we’ve done it already, they’ve just been bought before we had a chance to put a bid in

Surprised flippers are even buying up with the way the market is now days. Its still a buyers market, unless it changed that much. Foz would be a good person to get ahold of as well. He was patient as hell with us :embarassd

Yeah, fuck our neighborhood. I need a fucking gun.

No, you don’t. You would probably shoot me.