i needed a vac. but didn't plan on this

Last wednesday at 9:00 i went in for an outpatient procedure. Within an hour i was supposed to be out and on my way to recovery but instead i went home with internal bleeding (unknowingly obviously). The doctor had nicked a blood vessel. As time passed the pressure and pain continuously got worse. At the fifth hour the bleeding had completely filled every cavity that it could and started detaching the muscle (it has to go somewhere). Now you may be asking shouldn’t you be just about dead… nope because the surgery wasnt up by my internal organs, it was down south. The surgery was a vasectomy. Thats right ladies and gentlemen. Possibly the most sacred area of the body had just been violated, horribly. So anyway i head back to the doctors office to see what they say. Of course they tell me to go to the emergency room. I went into this not knowing much about what to expect. As soon as i got in the injected me with Dilauted(sp). Wow is this some crazy stuff. I asked the doctor what it was and he replied with " it is ten times stronger than morphine and one step below heroine". It was so strong it wasn’t even fun lol. They just wanted to give me something that would get me through the tests. During the tests the actual blood vessel had clotted and i noticed a huge relief just from that alone. I was then observed for a little bit and released. Now i am sitting here with a bag the size of a grapefruit, crazy bruising all over my pelvic region, I can barely walk, I can’t lift my kids, but i am on some really good drugs lol. Overall lesson of the story… even the best doctors mess up.

I hate to say it, beacuase I do feel bad for ya, but thats what you get for lettin someone fuck with your shit.

:frowning: uck… that sucks you were violated.

rest and you’ll be all better soon. at least before summer :slight_smile:

Is this serious or is it one of those internet posts to spread around?

geez sound like hell tommy

Dilaudid is some powerful stuff… all the junkies that come to the hospital ask for it by name … and of course have allergies to every other pain med :slight_smile:

Ahh from everyone else thats serious. Damn that sucks! Get better!

its a serious post

There are some things that should not become threads on an internet message board. This is one of them.

sounds like it could be serious.

I remember when i had surgery on my forehead, ( was hit in the face with a lacrosse ball) they nicked a small artery, and i saw a 5 foot spurt hit the wall… it was pretty sweet. took them an extra hour to stop the bleeding. By that time the local anesthetic was wearing off. and there was no numbness by the time they were stitching it up. But I will say, its much less pain than the dentist recommending using no anesthetic for a cavity. WOW that was painful.

why not? the man had an experience. and he wants to discuss it? Believe me this is much more worthy than many other threads

damn… give a whole nother meaning to grapefruit balls…

let me also add i am much better now, not great by any means though. and let me tell you that i have the biggest set of blue balls ever lol

:needpic:

Post op head from the wifey might cure that :slight_smile:

i really don’t think that you want to see this lol

damn, glad your on the road to recovery atleast

Glad you are alright dude. Scary story.

Xander told me about it last night when you called…I feel so bad for you Tom. I can’t even imagine the pain you must be in. When did the Doctor say you should be healed?

Hey, he gets the t-up for at least getting the vasectomy and dealing with the aftermath. Goodluck!

HAHA ouch that sucks. Glad things are going alright. Ya we def do not need to see pics of your swollen balls.