I was bored, so I went for a test drive!

Today I was bored and had nothing to do, I drove by an Opel dealership and I looked over and noticed they had just received a 2009 Opel Insignia…So I’m like! Why not?

[y]U7ve9Tpayp8[/y]

My reviews:

Nice car, felt nice, the V6 kicks ass 260hp, the thing that impressed me most were the features! This thing is too high-tec for me, it has all these programs that you can program the car to do etc. Just look at the vid and you will see what I’m talking about.
The performance was great, this car would kick ass if it came in a 2 door and RWD. It will be available in Canada and USA as the new Saturn Aura, but unfortunately in Canada and USA the v6 will only come in Automatic Haha suckers!

The sales guy let me take it on a test drive by my self!..What a nut!
Before I brought it back, I drove around with all windows down for about 5 minutes to let the smell of burning tires, brakes and clutch out.

that car does look badass the vid was sick to…lucky

looks amazing man wish i could get ahold of one of thoose

You can!!! It will be available in Canada in 2010 under the new Saturn line. It will be called the Saturn Aura.

you just called out a bunch of people with that statement. they probably don’t even know that opel are gm euro brand lol.

peace

man this tempts me to dash the volvo…

It may be GM’s euro division but their quality, fit & finish is beyond that of the home brewed divisions here in North America. One big reason why Ford is thinking of harmonizing the euro products successful overseas in Europe for here in Canada as well.

It’s a beautiful car, regardless of brand. The new Saturn Aura’s are gorgeous, I love them.

Likewise, my family has always been GM everything. Our 2003 Denali has 215k on it, still pulls strong, only problems have been to replace brake rotors (Hell, on a truck that heavy and that many miles, I think it’s pretty safe to not even call that GM’s fault…more like preventative death maintenance). Hell, my winter/daily Alero is 8 years old with a 2.2l ecotec, no problems either w/ 160k km.

My belief the problems that arise from vehicles are from ownership. Drive and treat it like crap, expect problems.

a ford in europe is completely different than one from the us actually all american cars not from america are amazing fuckers their get the best shit we just the shit wtf

My dad used to have a 1997 Oldsmobile LSS, the one with the supercharged 3.8L V6. 240hp@5200rpm and 280 ft.lbs@2800rpm, damn was it fun to drive, so much torque!

It had no mechanical problems, we had to change a failing ignition coil once, that’s about it. Too bad some insurance-less idiot crashed into it, otherwise it would’ve kept going.

We also have it’s non-supercharged sibling, the 1998 Olds 88. The plastic intake manifold plenum cracked and let coolant into the combustion chamber, and we had a few other things to change, nothing major, very reliable car. GM’s 3800 V6 supercharged or not supercharged, is one of the smoothest and meanest sounding V6 engines I’ve ever come across. It’s like a VQ, but with a lot more torque lol.

^ The GM 3800 Series V6 - one of the best v6 engines ever made in ward’s 10best engines list.

if you know american cars old and new, you’d know.

Supercharged V6 ran 6-6.5s to 60mph stock on Pontiac GrandPrix GTPs, torque is where most american engines shine, hands down comparable to any Japanese motor.

Turbo’d 3.8L in the Grand National GNX…HELL FAST!!
I bet there’s some 240s out there probably tried a swap like that.

All the GM 60* v6 engines are fantastic… esp the 3800 series. We have one in a bonneville with over 350km on it… we changed the cam sensor once in its life… other then that just oil and plugs.

Fantastic engine.

my parents had a 2001 GTP, they had to replace the headgasket on it, i believe it was a recall though… other than that, it was a nice car/engine. However, i think that once they pass 220 000ish km, they start having problems. I’ve seen a few (3800 NA) come into our shop with tranny issues and leaking intake manifolds… Then again, after 220 000, i’m sure theres a lot of cars that start having bigger issues.

Winter Beater:

(Had it since new)

1991 Buick Lesabre Limited
3.8 V6

387,000 km’s
all original, only water pump has been changed twice and alternator 3 times.

Serviced regularly every 4500 km’s (Castrol GTX and Fram oil filter all the time).

Runs like new, looks great, excellent condition! Has been driven through 3 different provinces and 22 different states!

I don’t care what people say about GM, I still think GM used to make the best cars in the world. Most reliable and trouble free.

Now adays they still make some good cars but I don’t know if I can say they are still the best in the world. In the top 3 for shure.

As for the OPEL line, yes the quality in European GM’s and American GM’s is like night and day. Opels are awesome.

The Saturns will have the same design but the engines etc. will be completely different.

I test drove the 2009 Opel Insignia that in 2010 it will be available in Canada as the 2010 Saturn Aura, it will lokk the same but the engines will be different. I test drove the V6 with thte 6 speed trans. In Canada the V6 will only be available in auto.

NICE! I hope the saturn version won’t be bastardized as it probably will (auto?)

NICE! I hope the saturn version won’t be bastardized as it probably will (auto?)

^ neutered is what the brits would say lol

when did Opel get here?

I own a Saturn Astra. It’s pretty sweet. Definitely doesn’t feel like a cheap car. Needs more power though.

He lives in Europe.

Opel has been Saturn’s saving grace since they became involved. I would still not be caught dead in a Saturn, but at least they have a shot at not totally sucking now.