say goodbye to hummer, Saab , and Saturn

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/?fpn=off%20to%20car%20heaven%20saturn%20saab%20hummer

Goodbye Hummer, Saab, and Saturn!

BYE HUMMER, SAAB & SATURN !

bye bye hummer, saab, and saturn

I said it while I was typing it, does that count?

pontiac will be gone in a little bit, so you might as well say goodbye to pontiac also.

Speaking of that… did you see this? Not a fucking chance IMO…

http://www.leftlanenews.com/saturn-dealers-hope-to-spin-off-brand-into-new-company.html

Fuck them all - I hope the door hits them on the way out.

Good riddance. And a niche Pontiac segment makes more sense than a full blown division, although it may drive me elsewhere for a daily driver.

However, I also can’t stand headlines like this: “Off to car heaven: Saturn, Saab, Hummer”, like it is something that has already happened, when the story then continues with “unless”, “if”, “unless”. Screw journalists.

i heard pontiac also

This has been out for a while, just a matter of GM dropping the official date. I like that Hummer and Saab were practically “niche” brands that failed miserably, but that’s what we’re supposed to call Pontiac.

Only thing that makes me sad is that Saturns were actually starting to look visually appealing with the Opel designs. I would shop an Astra if they would sell it with something other than the stupid 1.8 lump. That dealer-based spinoff isn’t the worst idea ever, except no one wants to buy a Chinese heap and it will never happen in time.

My dad went to a meeting and said SAAB will prob stay cause they are going to throw money to GM

today is sweet vindication for Oldsmobile. when GM files for bankrupcy i’ll be dancing in the streets. They let morons run it into the ground.

ALL ABOARD THE FAIL TRAIN!

what amazed me is that saturn has the highest repeat customer percentage

Because they treat the customer right. My mom has bought 3 straight Saturns, she turned my aunt onto them and her last 2 have been Saturns as well and my other aunt just bought a loaded Vue and got it reimbursed as a company car.

They really do have an interesting way of selling a car that GM should maybe think about transitioning to all of their dealerships. It really keeps the customer loyal.

about time, all 3 car brands arent worth a dick

Saabs haven’t been worth their weight in wood since 2002. GMC and Buick should be next IMO.

I would get rid of GMC, but buick should stay.

low class=chevy
mid class=buick
luxury=cadillac

chrysler should just go away completely, jeep can stand on it’s own

ford should get rid of mercury

Okay, Buick can stay then. Besides, what would the senior citizens drive if there were no Buicks? I’m talking 75+ year olds. That’s the only people I ever see in Buicks. And Tiger Woods.

But where does sporty fit in? Maybe there just isn’t enough of a market for it. Or I guess they can continue running the SS option into the ground with Chevy. :dunno:

If those three stayed how they are now, Chevy is a little too blah for me, Buick still says soft and old, and I guess Cadillac isn’t bad, but not exactly it. If someone like me is looking for a GTP replacment, what would the GM choice be? CTS? G8 if it’s still around, otherwise, it’s another manufacturer.

It does say something when you’ve got a vehicle named “Car of the Year” (Aura), rank at the top of repeat buyers, and are somehow still underperforming. GM fucked up what on paper should be a good brand. If they did it right, I would think Saturn could use Euro sources for a vehicle lineup similar to Scion.

Buick is pointless. There is no “middle class” of cars any more. People expect so much from all cars that you can’t just add options and call it a mid-level brand. GMC is pissing in the wind, rebadging today is just paying overhead to take sales away from your own brand.

Also while Jeff’s point is well taken, I don’t think you need a brand just for performance vehicles. I don’t see what would keep Chevy from selling something like a GTP. Impala is due for a re-design anyway.