info on pricing

just got my hands on a rolling chassis, and i was wondering what the price would be on an sr20DET or a CA?

depends on the day!! i’ve seen sr’s go for 400$,buddy just wanted to get rid of it when the put a rb26det in his s14 and sr’s go for 2g’s. depends on the condition/mod’s/km/ and the motor. your looking at 3 different sr’s, red top(205), black top(220), and a blue bird(205). as well as a sr20det gti-r (91-94) this puts out the most stock at 227hp. most common is red top.

here is a link where u can see the differences in the motors with some detail, nothing on the blue top tho.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100572

if you want a better look at somewhere that you can buy these motors plus tons more import motors from skyline to civic. check out

http://naganojapanese.com/

these motors come with tranny and wireharness, last time i checked, it’s been awhile. this site is canadian, based in montreal so all prices are in CAD. you could probably pick it up but you would be looking at shipping.
anyone looking for a car, they have some crazy cars they sell on thier site. it’s worth a look if your in the market.

thanks alot for the help…and the prices for engines are in US …also what is the difference on the bluebird sr20?

Bluebird is the tranversally mounted version for FWD/AWD(?) vehicles.

Please wikipedia.org SR20DET, it’ll answer most of your questions.

sorry the prices use to be in CAD, make more in u.s i guess!! as far as info on the motor, there wasn’t much i could find, it’s pretty rare, but some time and effort in searching could give u more info. i don’t know what makes it so special. just search for blue top and bluebird sr20 you should find something after you weed out the garbage.

wikipedia doesn’t say shit about the sr20, nothing worth lookin at or you wouoldn’t already know.

it comes in a awd car off the line.

http://i9.tinypic.com/68b9ank.gif

seems to have quite a bit of info to me…

s13 red top/black top have the same power, “s14” blacktop(notch top) has more cause of the t28 turbo.

doesn’t ell you anything more then any other site… i already know the hp and torque. the page i posted at the top has WAY more infor on the black and red top. read that then look at ur wiki, ooo it tells me compression, thats about the only difference from ANY other site… i don’t care about the history and what cars it came outa, all that matters is the car that its going into.

do your own research buddy thats the only way ur really gonna know. these guys cant tell u every detail between the motors so i suggest you find someone who KNOWS the differences, other then what year the motors are.

vvt isn’t in all sr20’s, i havn’t heard anyone mention anything about that… who cares if this one makes 5(give or take) more hp b/c of a bigger turbo… it’s about whats in the motor. instead of tellin him what hp the motors make, why don’t u tell him the differences bettwen them beside year and car they came from. who gives a shit about that. i’m no pro on sr20’s but i can tell u they didn’t make them the same every year, and just put a biger turbo on it.

lol thanks, ill do some research, just wanted to get some opinions from everyone…1 last question, whats the price on a CA18DET?, and where can i get my paws on 1?