SR20DET Difference

Hey i was wondering if there was any differnces between the JDM SR20DET BLUEBIRD and the SR20DET Redtop.

is there any difference other then the topmount intercooler?

http://www.torontojdm.com/lite/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3627&category_id=119#

http://www.torontojdm.com/lite/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3466&category_id=119#

well first off if your putting this in a 240sx, big negitive in the blue bird motor.
The motor is a FWD based AWD. your 240sx is a rwd car.
the motor will not fit nor bolt up nor anything really. You should try searching some stuff a little more before you ask tho. By no means am i being rude tho.

If you got money to burn get a type x motor and subframe. or contact varun(sliperlysilvia) he is in vendors.

he will set you on your right path.

ibtl :open_mouth:

yea duh!

Y0 where can I get a BAD ASS turbo 4 my 240 dawg?

i wnat a JDM moter in my car. how much 2 put a skylien moter in my 240?

WOW …
just WOW

Go easy on him not everyone knows the be all and end all of motors and layouts. He might be still learning so don’t give him a hard time. That is the point of a forum right? To provide and aquire information?

well man i bet sometime or another you guys tried to think of something crazy to put in your car, tho clearing up weather or not a bluebird motor can fit in a 240…i just hope he is on the right track

Yes but when you come on with a name and questions like that it implies a SEVERE lack of maturity or understanding of what’s involved.

My girlfriend told me the differences by looking at a picture of each when she started getting interested in cars.

Besides the fact that there are several stickies on the topic of swapping an SR.

shudders is her name by any chance Helga? haha joking brother :slight_smile:

its rare to come across girls technically inclined in automotive/cars.

badassturbo240

bluebird drivetrain layout is called transverse

the redtop is longitudinal

the layouts between the 2 are perpendicular to each other…there’s your critical difference.

unless for some reason you were planning converting your 240 to FWD, or somehow put the bluebird in the back of your car, there should be no reason for you to even consider this motor for your 240.

please do some more research man.

thanks.

if u don’t already have a full out hard on for SR’s , then theres no point joining SON.

^lol SRon240sx the only motor that is legal on son240

Whats with the hate on sr’s?