Man open fires at Empire state building.

In b4 vlad’s gun control lectures & analogy

LOL

work related incident from initial report.

Yep. Disgruntled former employee shot another in the head, then leaving two cops approached him and he pulled out a handgun and they had a little shoot out. Some civilians were shot by the cops, some were shot by the gunman.

:rofl

Also to note:

He was using a 1911 with an 8rd mag. Three rounds were used on his boss. So at best, he shot six of the ten people.

[ame]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=050_1345831111[/ame]

:number1

:rofl

Two New York City cops shot ten people outside the Empire State Building this morning. One of them was Jeffrey Johnson, a laid-off accessories designer who allegedly killed his former boss with a handgun. Johnson apparently pointed (but didn’t fire) his gun at police; the officers opened fire, killing Johnson and shooting or grazing nine other people. Again, Johnson shot only his intended victim. All of the bystanders were hit or grazed by police bullets.

:Idiots

NYC cops are a seemingly terrible shot.

Also accurate.

Seriously wtf someone take the guns away from the cops they’re dangerous

We need more conceal carry super heroes with one shot head shots on the streets :number1

OK now I am in no way siding with the cops on there lack of accuracy with shooting, however I will give them the benefit of the doubt they did the right thing. Keep in mind how many police officers there are in the NYPD force and how many have EVER fired a weapon on duty. At first I was thinking, damn these guys need target practice, even posted that as my FB status, then I realized it’s not that simple. How many of you so called shooting experts were firing down range with a gun pulled on you and bullets flying past you? THAT makes a world of difference when it comes to hitting your target (and yes I know exactly what that is like).

Get out of here with your logic :ahh

Trying to bring up “duress” and the fact that it needs to be constantly trained for, as gun trainers all agree doesn’t agree with the holywood standard of good guys landing every shot one handing while rolling around.

There is a video out of the incident too. Cops were firing at an extremely close range too.

Many of the other injuries could be from ricochet too, although not sure how hollow points do in ricochet type situations. Last I heard none of the other people were seriously hurt.

agreed, but iirc in this case the cops didnt have bullets flying past you as the guy never shot at them only pointed his gun at them.

either way, the adrenaline thats going on it dont matter how tight you group at the range with your hearing protection and what not, totally different and anyone who thinks other wise is a clown. way different from shooting at the range or qualifiying than on the street were a gun is being pointed at your, or you being shot at, or knowing he already killed someone and could kill more.

Sorry for thinking on the realistic side of things…:ahh

Well keep in mind it was in front of the tourist entrance, ricochet or not missing by an inch or a foot there is a damn good chance someone is getting hit with that bullet!

Vlad: Hollowpoint bullets typically will not ricochet much, if at all. For example when they do steel challenge shooting, everyone must use HP bullets as they’re the safest from ricochet.

Have you ever seen NYC cops? I’ve seen everything from 4"8 Asian men sleeping in cop cars drooling with Mcdonalds bags on their laps to maybe 20 year old black girls from the ghetto with a huge weave wound up and the officer hat on top of it. I really think anyone can be a cop there. I wouldnt feel like calling them in need lol.

Not a sharp shooting expert, I just play one here.

IMO, if you can’t shoot and hit any part of a target the size of a human being from a distance of essentially the width of a parking space (9~10 ft) with 100% accuracy, you should not be a cop and/or have a gun.

I propose those should be equipped with nunchucks instead and must wear a ninja suit as uniform.

Video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvrYOn9NPE[/ame]