Need a new laptop

Hello,
I am going back to school so I will need a new laptop. I am really leaning toward a Macbook pro. I heard that Macs almost never get viruses. Also, comparing the specs, Apples computers seem to be nearly twice as much as a dell, hp, etc. for the same thing. Are macs better built?

As long as you don’t put the apple sticker on the back of your VW. I fully endorse you buying a mac.

Think of it this way.

You can either have:

1. A dumb slut that offers nothing but a fuckslit. “It’s all pink on the inside” is your methodology

2. A really intelligent and caring girl. “Making love is awesome!” is what you text your best friend while picking out drapes.

Basically my point is this. Either girl is gonna get you laid; Your dick is gonna be wet one way or another. If you want the nice girl you can bring home to mom, get the mac. If you are looking for something that you can plow and then forget about, get the pc.

^^ I like what you did there.

HAHA. But viruses aside, what facts justify paying 2x as much for a same spec computer?

if you go the pc way, i’ll give you a good deal on a rarely used gateway with 17" widescreen display.

Specs? price?

Apples are gorgeous and very strict on their warranties.

Dells are decent and usually warranty accidental repairs.

If you’re a knowledgeable user - Windows XP or Vista will be fine. If you’re unfamiliar with computer protection and worried about viruses - get an Apple.

Macbook Pro will be my next computer but only because you can dual boot XP/Vista and OS X.

For school I’d be careful what programs you will need to be using because many that I use are only functional on Windows XP/Vista.

My school has all files in Windows and OSX form. I’d also run a dual boot if needed, but I don’t see a reason to as of now.

god this is going to end up with a ton of mis-information

you do not need a macbook pro. You can get a basic MacBook for a little over $1,000. It will have a core2duo and high enough specs for school programs.

Macs get FEWER viruses, however, do not ever think you will be immune from all viruses.

x2

get the better deal (for YOU) and what you’ll work faster in. You can run mac os AND windows on either with a little know how

Exactly. Its cheaper dual booting mac os and windows from a pc too, than it would be buying a comparable mac and dual booting from that.

someone who makes this statement:

should NOT attempt to install a patched version of OS X on a computer(laptop nonetheless) that they will depend on for getting school work done.

Exactly. Then wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy a pc and dual boot mac os and windows from that?

it depends… it’s not exactly easy to do, but if you had someone helping… it probably would be. Then again, some people like the hardware features on mac’s too.

it’s all personal preference honestly

yeah, then if it ever breaks down, you are fucked.

not to mention, have you ever had the joy of trying to shoehorn the wireless in there? Its not a fun venture.

lol

The reason for the MacBook Pro is because of screen size. I cant stand no 13 inch screen. That is all the standard macbook is available in. I want a 15 inch.

In regards of running a dual OS, I would not be doing it myself if I choose to go that route. I would have it done by someone. BUT, is it easier to run Windows on a MAC or is it the same as running MAC on Windows?

The reason I ask about build quality is because I spent $2500 on a HP Pavillion zd9000. 2 years later, I have vertical lines all over my fucking screen, a dead battery and a keyboard that works when it wants to.

Lastly, I just toyed around with a MAC for a minute, but since there is no right click, what do you do about copy, paste, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

:bigclap:

I was in the same boat and was looking at a MacBook pro just for the high specs and put Linux on it. There is PCs with the same specs that come with Windows which I began to look at that are 1/2 the price. Unless you want the Mac OS, I suggest look at a PC.