laptop recommendation?

I will be buying a new high end laptop… .I dont feel like carrying around a desktop replacement, but i want some horsepower.

thinking powerbook? help.

no if u want real power think alienware.

not some cheezy mac

lol hey i made a funny there.

yeah, definitely alienware

maybe an XPS?

I don’t know… between all 3 of them, they’re all overpriced IMO

alienware or an xps. budget?

beat me to it! I want a rematch…

3k ish.

AND I DONT WANT A BRICK IN MY BACKPACK. something light.

pfft, then grab a skirt and a pair of crocks and call it a day. :slight_smile:

macbook pro ftw, seriously

with parallels or vmware for sure

lol
http://www.tillamookcontest.com/images/winners/2006SecondRunnerUp.jpg

Macbook pro ftw

http://xtremenotebooks.com/index.php?section=configurator&regular_model_id=1266&model_id=1413&include_type=lcd17&category=

customize how you wish, 2gig ram and 250gig hd came to 3049, OS not installed, another 145 for xp or 135 vista prem

that’s priceless.

if you look at the price, usability, support then it’s pretty hard not to pick a mac unless you’re a hardcore gaymer.

Jesus H freaking Christ…

Alienware is NOT highend. It is overpriced plastic shit.

Macbook Pro’s hardware and build wise are extremely good and well priced for there hardware. They can run windows no problems.

Now if you don’t want to own apple hardware don’t be lemming and buy Alienware, get a HP 8510W or 8710W … Lenovo T6X series. If you don’t mind lower build quality go Dell.

rant mode off

+1 for macbook pro

hahah so ur thinking HP and IBM are better than alienware?

man u need to go do some research.

Its funny how all of the top pc mags think alienware is very good. Alienware uses top of the line parts, how can they be cheap plastic junk? By your statement, all of the high end pc parts that alienware uses means nothing

^ agreed

while I do think that they’re severely overpriced, the hardware is always top of the line

If you want a Mac or a Dell, PM me specs and i’ll see if I can get you a deal. Send me specs and pricing on what you find and I’ll see if I can get you a better deal.

Lenovo has terrible support IMO since they switched from IBM.

im lenovo certified, and they suck balls, id rather have an acer laptop than a lenovo.