laptop recommendation?

You want a Macbook Pro…they are crazy amazing.

I’m ehh about Macs. Lot of leghumpers buy them because they are pretty or the fad. They are growing on me, but everything I run on a computer runs on a PC. I have access to Parallels, Windows, etc so if I want to convert a Mac it won’t be an issue, but don’t want to bother nowadays with it.

The Dell XPS series is sweet as well as the almost end of life Latitude D Series.

Open offer. Anyone want to buy a Dell, Apple, or HP contact me with specs and I’ll see what I can get for you. Not a guarantee that I’d be able to get the best price, but worth a shot.

And no, I don’t make commission, etc… I’m offering it as a service…
Many people on here can vouch for me. :slight_smile:

this coming from someone that sells them, nice biased opinion.

So tell me mr. my mac is perfect, how come ive worked on 4 macbook pros and on every one the wireless was faulty?

because they’re crazy amazing? :smiley:

ughh how many of these threads are there going to be?

+2 for mac…coming from a multi platform user.

If you go the pc route, a dell or alienware would suite you nicely as said above.

but alienware is plastic junk.

Something portable? How small are you looking…

<3 XPS M1330

:bloated: (sarcasm not detected?)

Yeah that’s why mine used to burn me because the metal would get too hot :wink: like 80 celsius hot.

They are awesome machines though. I was really impressed with some of the gaming scores I pulled off with that machine.

yes i was being sarcastic lol

I know. I may look dumb, but ah fuck it who am I kidding.

Apple makes some of the best windows-capable machines too, now that it’s intel hardware (pc magazine even said this, iirc). They run Windows great, I gamed on my 17" macbook pro (1920x1200 ftmfw) a lot. There are companies with dedicated windows-only custom apps who still buy macbook pros to run them on since the hardware is good and the value is actually up there if you do a true spec-for-spec comparison (also factoring in that AppleCare > calling Dell in India).

Not to be a quote monkey but it was proven that the best machine to run Vista last year was in fact a Macbook Pro. :slight_smile:

lol thats hilarious. not that you would want to anyways.

If your already thinking about a Mac, the deciding part is over. Go buy one.

it will be a macbookpro. i need to be able to boot to every OS. now i just need to decide on the 15" or the 17"

thanks all

Macbook Pro.

Macs initially are more expensive, but actual cost of ownership is much lower if you sell after a couple years, compared to a PC. My 1.5 year old Dell 17" laptop ($2500~) might be worth 200 bucks if I am lucky. The comparable Mac would probably sell for upwards of 800. I bought the PC because it was cheaper and came with more shit, and have regretted it every day since.