PC or MAC? (laptop/notebook)

PC or Mac, and why.

Also does anyone know where to pick up some good deals on NEW laptops, mac or pc. Pref. PC for now.

mac…ftw

no viruses, alot more of a simple interface, really good wireless connections, good programs already on the mac (music mixing, video editing software etc.)
i dunno what else, they are just unique and a very fun and user friendly computer

What do you plan on using your computer for?

I rock an HP DV6646us and love it.

But Tigawoods Mac is pretty sweet too

i have a macbook and love it no complaints here

For graphics, I’ll always recommend a Mac simply because of it’s user interface. I’ve had my Power Mac G5 since late 2003 and really no complaints here.

You can easily build or buy a PC with better specs for less money.

Personal use, use what you’re more comfortable with. If it’s going to be used for more business needs, photo editing, video editing, etc, buy a Mac.

Not sure who you work for, but a lot of companies give discounts to certain PC manufacturers. I know we have an HP agreement where I work and I had a Dell agreement with my last job.

Not trying to get into a pissing match about what brand of PC you should buy, but if you pick a Dell, go to a kiosk at a mall and have them beat the price of a computer you’ve built online. I bought my Dell through a kiosk and had them beat a price of a laptop I built online using my employee discount. I think I saved about $500.

L - O - L

really good wireless connections… LOL are you freaking kidding me??? haha… no viruses is total bullshit… it’s not ‘simple’, most mac owners don’t even know how to change their computer names or their user accounts… and they are anything but unique!!! in fact they are more conventional than anything, same hardware and same OS!

macs = business oriented… - lol x2

original poster:

I hate to be the dude always talking shit on macs… but its reality. you are getting tons of bullshit in this thread…

anyway… if you’re looking for ‘good prices’ them MAC’s are out of your ballpark…seriously.
you can beat them down on hardware costs almost two fold. they rarely have sales and if htey do its’ on older generation refurbs… i would surely buy a PC and i’m all about BSD…

Check my vote on a PC… Nothign about a Mac that I like, and I’ve photo editing on my PC with no complaints.

s0nny knows his stuff!!!

people are always going to have thier arguments about pc vs mac…go to a local best buy and play around with both and see what you like…people can hate on macs all they want but since i got macbook i havent turned on my windows computer

mac’s are worthless

A pc can do everything a mac can do faster, cheaper, and without being a metrosexual faggot in the process.

and if you are getting a pc, get an HP. Their support and warranty is much better than the other brands. Dell’s fucking suck anymore.

i was waiting for the mac vs pc argument sooner or later. i really dont want to get in it because it is a never ending debate. people have their own prefrences and opinions.

i agree with Wayne

PC FTW

exactly…people that hate macs just dont like how much different the OS is compared to windows and the extra price…but when something goes wrong with my macbook i can take it to the apple store and problems solved without any problems or questions…but opionions are opinions

I know that everyone loves mac’s but it was just too much money for me. I bought a new Dell 531 desktop (i think that is the model) and I love it. It came with windows vista (which works fine for me by the way) and the computer is extremely fast. I use it for picture editing and storing music, pictures, personal finances, and internet stuff. I don’t do anything to advanced and it works great for me. I especially liked that it only cost me like 500 bucks because there was a huge presidents day sale when I got it.

All you need to know:

mac’s are worthless

A pc can do everything a mac can do faster, cheaper, and without being a metrosexual faggot in the process.

That is not what this is about. If anything Sonny is about as un-biased when it comes to these things as anyone on here. People don’t just “hate” Mac’s because they’re different. There are fundamental quirks with them, and he’s merely pointing them out. The OP asked for opinions on such, and I’m sure her preferred opinions with backing, not just “I like it, so there.”.

• The hardware in Mac’s is exactly the same you’d find in a PC (Intel based), yet you pay nearly twice the amount for it.

• Mac’s don’t talk nicely with others in any other network environment than a small home network.

• There are viruses and spyware out there effecting Mac’s too. Just none as obvious and blatant.

• Mac’s are NOT business oriented. If anything, the exact opposite.

The real question is what you are using the machine for? If it’s just for home use (Web surfing, email, etc.) and you don’t mind paying the price and learning something new, go with the Mac, however if you’d like to stay with something you are familiar with, and not have to ever worry about compatibility issues, go with the PC.

Go play with a mac and see how you like it. I used to talk shit on macs all the time, my neighbor bought one… I went over there played with it, loved it… ordered a powerbook g4 and loved it… now I have a macbook pro and wouldn’t trade it for the world.

i’ve had both a Apple laptop & a couple PC ones…i perfer the PC ones