New Driving Laws for Our Shit Hole Province

3 new rules for us teen drivers

-A total ban on alcohol consumption
thats fine, drinking and driving is stupid anyway

-A ban on more than one teenage passenger
wtf… this is just retarded

-Zero tolerance for speeders – one ticket and they’re off the road.
get the fuck out… this is the quite possibly the most idiotic thing ive ever heard

so who wants to move to australia with me?

Let’s go…this is making my decision to move to Europe soon a little more possible.

:WTF:

Why not just take cars off the road entirely or stop letting anyone under the age of 18 drive at all…

alcohol, yeah i totally agree with that one… drinking and driving is retarded… but the other two make little to now sense.

a 10 or 15km over the limit speeding ticket is nothing… a 50kph over… yeah then i can see it.

limit on teenage passengers? that’s such a ridiculous notion. If they have a seatbelt they’re fine.

Maybe install a mandatory 10:00pm curfew on everyone under the age of 18? how about in-car muzzles?

hey does anyone know if the driving with a cell phone law is in affect yet? when does it start.

I read about this yesterday, clearly the guy is mad at the world because his son is extremely irresponsible, and died because of it, thus meaning every other person in his age group is just as irresponsible and should not be allowed to drive because of it.

I’m lucky I’m 21.

I say we lobby back against this stupid shit.

The drinking one is okay, it makes sense, though I was looking forward to having a casual drink when I get my G (when I stop loafting on it, almost 2 years now lol). But why the fuck should my license be in the hands of an officer?

I KNOW for a FACT that an officer will smack a driver driving a modified vehicle with like 5 km over and BAM! your license is gone. You can’t drive anymore. Cause of FIVE KILOMETERS? Buddy, I’d fucking flip.

They can’t do this. Why should I (who got my license well before this) have to only drive ONE person when I’m going around and restructure my entire night or even CANCEL it because I can only have one? That’s fucking stupid and unrelated to anything in this entire fucking excuse for a good idea.

I’m e-mailing McGuinty and asking him wtf his logic is with this dude. His son is old enough to understand that you can’t drink and drive. Your sons dead, I’m sorry, but it’s his fucking fault.

I heard this idiot father wanted to sue the hotel for giving him alcohol.

His kid was 20, and he was going to sue the hotel for giving him alcohol.

EL OH EL

I have no issues with this what so ever.

You shouldn’t be drinking and driving period. I have my G and don’t do it.

The issue of having multiple passengers will prevent teen’s/adolescents from joy riding around town in their parents vehicles. It is proven that the more people in a vehicle the more of a distraction there is to a driver.

As for speeding although I am not one for roadside punishment but it’s pretty easy to do the speed limit. Plus if you have a G2 license you probably don’t have the expierence or skill to be travelling above the speed limit anyways.

I remember when they got rid of the 365 and went to the graduated licensing program. everyone was pissed but it did seem to make a difference. In the end everyone complied and it is now accepted.

Adrian
(these are my personal beliefs)

You need to understand that I don’t joyride (well, irresponsibly joyride, sometimes I do just drive around DOING THE SPEED LIMIT and not doing anything dangerous) and I have needs for the ability to have more than one teenage passenger. This effects my life GREATLY, and I do not work to have that ability for some other fucktard to ruin it for me.

Yes, it’s easy to do the speed limit, but people fuck up. Sometimes people do 10 over, sometimes 5. You have done it, I have done it, and when you look at your speedo you think “Oh, shit” and let off the gas to get back down to the speed limit.

But if I get caught doing that, the 19 year old whose intent is to follow the speed limit but I, say, was on a hill and did 65/70 instead, my license is GONE and I can no longer go about my daily life the way I did before.

Yet the 25 year old doing 35 over still just gets a ticket, LOL’s in court, and pays 100 dollars and gets no points.

FUCK THAT. He’s STILL speeding, regardless of his age.

This is just stupid cause I can see it getting out of hand.

Do we not have the demerit point system in place for a reason?

You speed 3 times doing 30 over, you won’t have your license. So why fix something that ain’t broken?

^^ I think it’s safe to say that everyone feels drinking and driving should not be tolerated, frankly I’m surprised this took so long, BUT as for the other 2 restrictions, while it may be stopping groups of teenagers from joyriding around and doing irresponsible acts etc. It also says that a teenager is the most irresponsible type of driver, it puts an end to car pooling, (I don’t know about you guys, but I used to carpool to work with a friend, not to mention when going out we would drive together due to the price of gas.) As for speeding, agreed it is not in your best intention to drive above the posted limit, but on the flip side is it fair to group someone who does 5km/h over in the same pile as the one who does 100km/h over, suspension is harsh.

dude with this law…i know if im gonna loose my liscense…im definately taking those coppers for a joy ride haha

^^Not trying to turn this into an arguement but what causes you to need to have multiple passengers? One thing has been proven the leading cause of death in motor vehicle accidents is the sudden stop related to loosing control due to excessive speed.

Yes I have sped and sometimes speed in fact I was pulled over this past weekend on the 400 due to passing a cop that was travelling in the center lane. I changed lanes into the passing lane went around him and changed back into the center lane. when I got pulled over he asked “Why were you weaving through traffic?” I stated “I was not weaving through traffic I was using the passing lane to over take a slower moving vehicle” he checked my papers and let me go no warning nothing at all.

I used to believe I got pulled over for having a modified vehicle and felt targeted because I had one. I soon realised if you draw attention to yourself then it is a price you have to pay. Since changing my attitde towards the police I have yet to have an issue.

Adrian

im just refering to losing my liscense for going 5 over…passenger thing makes sense kind of you do get distracted…and drinking and riving obviously…

Band practice, driving friends/family home when they’re not able to take the bus or get a ride from others, carpooling to workplaces, driving friends/family to school, among other things of admittedly less importance. Not one of those things involves speeding or drinking, and in fact most of them are trying to do something good like get someone to school.

But now, I can’t. Instead of driving the entire band, I have to either a) not drive myself and inconvenience someone else to drive the band of which its not their responsibility, or b) Take two or three cars.

this is the stupidest shit ever. I don’t drink and drive so I’m fine with that part of it, but ANY speeding ticket and loss of license? Fuck off. The amount of people who are going to loose their license is actually retarted. I know SO many older guys with expensive cars who have already had their licences suspended because of the 50 over law, this is gonna piss so many more people off.

And no passengers under 18? I have 3 little brothers and have many times had to drive them around in mom’s van. I guess thats going to be illegal now? So would be carpooling to a concert or car meet, or anything for that matter. This law makes no sense. if it gets passed, i’m acutally going to tell the cop that pulls me over for driving my little brothers around to fuck himself in his ass.

anyway, back to class work.

Let’s not forget that this is all because a father is upset that HIS SON who should have KNOWN not to drink and drive (we don’t, so why did he?) did and died.

Again, I’m sorry, but it’s his kids fault for being an idiot, not mine. And now he’s throwing a fit so that his anger can fuck over my life? I’d fucking spit in his face if I ever saw him. Who the fuck does he think he is?

Well obviously this kid’s dad never drives over the speed limit, and he must have never have been a teenager either I guess!

So looks look at this another way.

Why is speeding acceptible?
Why is drinking and driving unacceptible?

This is becoming a good debate please stay on topic and be mature about this.

Adrian

all three of these things are completely screwed up, Drinking and driving im not down but who says an 18 or 19yr old cant enjoy a brew with some friends and then drive the car a couple hours later.

Too many passengers is just retarded if the car seats 5 then let it seat 5 if everyone has seat belts then whats the problem. This only makes things harder for carpooling and going out with friends and so on.

Losing your liscence for speeding makes sence depending on the speed your caught at 1-25 over you shouldnt lose anything but over that its your own fault.

Im just glad i live in quebec

I don’t think we’re arguing that speeding is acceptable, at least I’m not.

Speeding isn’t acceptable, but when you’re doing 65 in a 60, it’s not going to make that much of a difference, because if you rear end someone YOU were too close and if you hit someone turning or whatnot and couldn’t stop, THEY turned too suddenly.

I’m arguing that there is the chance you’ll be doing over the speed limit. Either with or without traffic (most likely with). I know officers will point out the younger ones cause they can smack them with a license suspension or even revoked completely.

That’s bullshit. Obviously 15/20 over is stupid and is warranted. But a 1-offense removal is wayyyy out of line.