Fucking stupid media: RHD may be under fire in Ontario

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/09/21/15429371.html

Stupid writers, retarded politicians and ignorant citizens are the reason we have stupid laws.

The driver was drunk and driving like an idiot which caused the crash yet the focus of this article as well as the Canada Safety Council is the fact that a RHD car was involved. Also, the safety “facts” in the article are all BS.

A similar thing happened in Quebec which led to the banning of RHD cars.

Gay.

So fucking gay. We might as well just ban cars period right? Their arguments are so irrelevant!

Fuck

justin.sadler@sunmedia.ca

lets make a shit storm for the writer and let him know how wrong he is

how about you be mature and sensible?

The accident risk for men aged 16 to 34 behind the wheel of right-hand drive sports cars increased an average of 32% compared to similar left-hand drive vehicles.

Leaving aside distinctions of sex and age, the average increased risk was 119%, the report says.

Am I taking this wrong, or does it mean that men aged 16 to 34 are only a 1/4 of the problem? Then why are they singling us out? Whats the risk for women aged 16-34, both genders 34-99?

its a load of crap the usual media/government lets make money and take away ppl’s rights every day. Hah, people used to get all riled up when i had my rants against this kind of garbage from media/government relating to cars, roads, laws, etc… but here you go.

The thing is though to ‘fight the system’ you need a large enough population to scare politicians of their votes. They fear monger people into voting for them to show how they are ‘protecting’ ppl or ‘helping ppl’ etc… and the naive population that buys into media garbage misinformation etc… will fall for it. Youi know how many ppl i have at work that ‘freak out’ b ecause I drive sometimes ‘120km/hr’ WTF!!! It’s mind boggling… When I tell them how fast I would go in germany when im on a trip to europe… they almost get a heart attack. it’s all about indoctrination of norms and acceptance. If you come out of no where with something ppl havent experienced or are not accustomed to they ferreak out… likewise iwith this they will fear monger people into bs ‘statistics’ and bs arguments and make smoething look evil or someone look evil and then get their way through that kind of fear mongering

this is pretty stupid, the guy was drinking and driving, the car being rhd has nothing to do anything with the accident, itz going to be gay if ontario bans rhd cars here

“Leaving aside distinctions of sex and age, the average increased risk was 119%, the report says.”
you can make up statistics to prove anything
forfty percent of all people know that
lmfao this is a joke

The day Ontario bans RHD cars, is the day I move to a different province.

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy7/H4cknik/2mx2vcw.gif

Are you fucking kidding me?!

I doubt it will happen. Anytime soon at least

hey guess what, rhd cars are more dangerous on lhd roads!

its not bullshit, its 100% true. if you think otherwise you cant think cognitively at all and are clouded with bias.

not saying the article isnt gay as hell, but rhd is more dangerous for sure.

I wrote a letter, I was bored while I was at work.

To whom this may concern,

I’ve recently had the opportunity to read your newspaper article in regards to right-hand drive vehicles and to be honest, I find it appauling. After reading what you wrote, I’ve found that your article is nothing but a ‘play’ at discriminating and stereotyping right hand vehicles. You, and this article are what is wrong with Canada. You falsify any information portraying to the real situation with these types of vehicles, along with pages of misinformation to the normal viewer/reader. I quote, “Many of these vehicles — those that are 15 years or older — are not subject to Canada’s safety standards.” First off, all of the vehicles imported from Japan (or any other country in the world) are thoroughly checked by Canadian Customs, along with modified in MANY ways by the government to form to our safety regulations. This includes, but is not limited to; Windshields, fog lights, bumper size/property DOT regulations bumper, daily running lights, third brake lights, tires, brakes, entire exhaust system, etc. To simply state that “many” of these vehicles do not conform to Canadian safety standards is atrocious, infact they are more thoroughly inspected then cars that are made in Canada to begin with.

You also go on to state the statistics for crash rating’s for certain age groups of people, implying that the only people who drive these cars are teenagers and young adults without the responsibility in the first place to have a vehicle without drinking or driving. Not to mention the fact that you said it’s “increased an average of 32% compared to similar left-hand drive vehicles.” I can guarantee out of the 3000 vehicles you were speaking about on the roads of Quebec, none of the cars are in fact identical or similar, typically the cars imported are of a much sportier nature then the left hand drive variants that we recieve in North America, hence the importation in the first place. If you were to write about similar types of colors, say blue and purple for example. While they may be similar because they are both colours, they are very different and is a fairly poor argument to say the least.

Lastly, while I feel sorry for the victim of the family that passed away. I find it very hard to believe the reason they are upset or distraught over their loss is because they blame right-hand drive vehicles like your article leads us to believe. The people the victim’s family should be mad at, was the driver. They chose to act irresponsible with a vehicle, not specifically a right hand drive vehicle by drinking and driving. The car had nothing to do with the problem caused, and you people lead the victims family to the wrong culprit which in my eyes is a true shame. Perhaps instead of blaming the inanimate object, people should hold the specific driver of ANY car responsible for their actions in their car.

Sincerly,

Well written.

haha that was written like shit

bad spelling, poor grammar, sentences that don’t make any sense at all…

oh and it’s factually incorrect too

i have no idea where that information came from, but there is no checking of any of the safety items mentioned. CBSA does not check brakes or third brake lights or DRLS or… well, any of that shit. you think they have time for that? or the desire? or the capability?

the only reason the cars are allowed to be imported in the first place is because they’re EXEMPT from those safety standards.

why do you think that cars with lights that shine into oncoming traffic are allowed to enter the country?

these kinds of responses are not gonna help our cause. seriously.

Post up what you wrote? At least he is doing something

haha, I was going to post the same damn thing. I bet the author stopped reading when you wrote “to form to” instead of “to conform to”.

lol You guys are jokers to talk about my writing ability. Half of you don’t even know what the shift button does or where the grammar keys on a keyboard are located.

Let’s make this interesting, where’s your letters of disagreement? Post 'em up after a proof-read, we’ll see how you do. Not that I feel I have to justify my ‘letter’, considering that I wrote it quickly at work because I was bored and someone suggested it.

Atleast put some effort into being able to keep the right to own RHD cars, instead of sitting back letting them get taken from you… I wasn’t trying to impress anyone at all, I was just postin a letter I wrote for fun. lol.

Fixed.

Lol