New drinking law

Looks like there is a new law for anyone 21 and under, no tolerance. Effective Aug.1st

Doesn’t look like there will be a grace period either…

New Link:

"those drivers will be subject to zero alcohol tolerance – regardless of whether they have a G1- or G2-classified licence. "

So if you have a G then its s’all good?

Whether you have a g1 or 2 its always been 0 tolerance has it not?

:bigtdown:
Least you guys can retire your fake ID’s 2 years earlier than we can…

FUCK, i blew over a couple weeks ago in wasaga and they just made me park my car again and get out and walk for a hour.(well that and a $125 ticket) i only have my g2

That link stated it weird. New link.

Even if you have a G license and your under 21 you have to have a zero blood alcohol level.

"Under Ontario’s graduated licensing system, all drivers are currently allowed to have small amounts of alcohol in their blood once they have earned a full “G” license.

But starting Sunday, drivers aged 21 and under who have been drinking will automatically lose their licenses for 24 hours and could face a fine up to $500 and have their license suspended for 30 days."

it should ALWAYS be 0 tolerance. no matter wat age.
if u drink and drive… i hope u slam into a wall one day doing it.

thats a pretty dumb comment. I’ve been responsibly drinking my whole life. I almost always grab a beer when I go out for dinner or just cruise with a friend to somewhere random get a beer and drive home. I even use to work for occid

What? are you serious. This law is retard, the government is now punishing people for having 1 beer.

They should make the law stiffer so that people are actually afraid of it. Example…If you have a beer or a glass of wine or whatever and blow under the legal amount, no big deal. But if you blow over then car is instantly crushed and you are convicted of attempted murder with a minum of 5 years in prison. So then, that 21 law shit can go away and people will obey the law. fixed. But i’m over 21 so i dont really care.

Quiet sweetheart, men are talking.

Driving while tired is far more dangerous than driving after 1 beer. I am talking from experience of course. Matter of fact, I think I would be less of a hazard after having 3 beers than driving while really tired.

LOL!!

I remember one time. We were pre drinking at my place, just about to call a cab to head out to the club and my one buddy says:

Friend - I’m not drunk I’ll drive
Me - No your not driving, just leave your car here I’ll pick you up in the morning and well grab it
Friend - I’m fine, dont worry about it
Me - Nah just leave your car
Friend - I’VE ONLY HAD SIX BEERS!!!

LOL!! Oh man, on of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. To this day we make fun of him.

See custom title.

This is a touchy subject. I could argue either way. Im happy the law is in place, under 21 + booze doesn’t work.

it should be zero tolance period for all ages no matter what class, it would the out the guess work. cause when ur d.d someone always trys tell u that u can have a couple and ur always left wondering.

G license, 22yrs old. Life’s still good with a few drinks at least for me! :slight_smile:

first HAHA! you guys grew up a few yrs too late!.. second, WELCOME TO THE NAZI PROVINCE!!! Where things get better every year!

QFT. Ive fallen asleep while driving, luckily i always mash the gas and it snaps my head back right away, but ive never driven like an idiot after a few drinks. This is pure communism at its finest.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

McGuinty=Liberal
Liberal=Leftist
Leftist=Communist.

never confuse the right with the left.

This is retarded!!! i just turned 21 i have had my G since i was 17(never been in an accident EVER) , i work at a bar and now i can’t even have A beer ? WTF