Drinking and driving = legal ?

Alright someone help me out here.

I’m 18.

I have my G.

If I have a BAC below 0.08 (but greater than 0.00) am I allowed to drive?

Basically I’m asking if me being underage cancels out my G priveleges. I’m confused because technically you’re allowed a glass of wine with dinner right? So it should be legal but I have a feeling it’s not lol.

Some links to where it actually says this would be appreciated too.

no because ur not the legal age there for legally ur not allowed to drink at all

yes, you can drive drive if your below 0.08, yuor allowed to drink underage if its at a home and the alcohol is supplied by a parent or guardian, however since your 18, you are your own guardian, so im not sure what happens there.

loop hole it seems but its actually not.

you are underage and able to govern yourself.

it is in fact not legal.

GT

yeah but while drinking is illegal if you’re under 19, having alcohol in your system is not. just like how being a hooker or being paid for sex isn’t illegal in some states in the us, but soliciting sex is. so i think technically it’s legal for him so long as he’s under 0.08 and not in the posession of any alcohol?

i wouldnt chance it…if ur going to drink stay overnite at a buddys or where ever ur partying…then u can drink more and screw being below 0.08

You drink and drive that coupe, it will be your last drink.

his car - he can do what he wants

its your fault for selling it.

sell-out :frowning:

lol you’re acting like I’m ricing it out or something. I baby the car and am cleaning the hell out of it. All my freinds get pissed at me because I refuse to drive it before it warms up.

I don’t think the cop cares if old enough or not to drink, all that matters is that you’re below 0.08 or whatever it is.

and don’t think just because you are, you’re safe. if the cop thinks you’re too wasted to drive (even if you blow a .06 or something) he can book your ass.

really, if you blow anything besides a 0 the cop can suspended your license for the night.

I blew .08 on the nose in Grand Bend during the CSCS event.
I asked an OPP officer to test me to make sure I was safe to drive (guessing my BAC isn’t really my forte). Anyway, .08 and the cop said I was fine to drive. So I guess it’s .08 AND UNDER?

it is to the cops discression, if you blow .08 and under he should let you go unless you appear unable to drive properly, but youd have to be a pretty big panzy if you cant control yourself after one beer

thats the thing 0.08 is nothing you gotta be careful cause its so easy to be above

i don’t drink at all and drive (within the limit);p

just not worth the risk in my opinion, especially when you live in a city where public transportation is a piece of cake.

Its better than some towns, but its far from perfect. Trust me.

Having alcohol in your system when you under 18 isn’t illegal but drinking it in public or purchasing it is. Same idea as weed, its not illegal to be stoned but its illegal to posses it.

It is illegal to be stoned / drunk in public.

Public Intoxication = $105 fine

Its not worth the risk, even one beer… really is one beer gonna change the way you party that night? probably not, can it change your entire driving career? oh fuck yes.

… on other notes, I was at my cousins house one day, he had a breathalizer at his house, I had one beer and one drink then blew for fun, blew way over, so it doesnt take much…

I had 3-4 beers (would have to check with Bob on that one, he was buying the rounds) in … probably 2 hours?

Blew .08

So saying ONE drink puts you at that level is just crazy… unless your drink is a full glass of home brew Vodka.

the number of standard-sized drinks varies from person to person (depdending on their body mass and their alchohol tolerance) to reach of exceed the legal BAC limit.