Do you want the drinking age changed to 18?

Then call 1-603-413-4131 either way. It’s a poll for changing the age to 18 (or to leave it at 21). Supposedly after 1 million votes it will go to congress. I just called it and it’s legit. Just thought i’d post it up here to see what you guys think. :nod

Don’t see why it’s not an 800 number, but I Googled it and it seems legit.

Called. Voted. I waited til 21, so should everyone else.

Party pooper. :lmao

shouldn’t be a drinking age, then we wouldn’t be a nation filled with binge drinkers.

not a chance. and that you can die for your country at 18, why cant you drink saying is stupid too. i served, i waited until i was 21, everyone else can as well. there is a reason the age was raised. alcohol, especially in the hands of someone so young is a dangerous combo. not only for developmental issues, but for maturity as well… im not saying a 21 yr old is necessarily anymore mature than an 18 year old, but in many situations its true.

wow you guys reallly voted no because you had to wait, talk about being selfish. :idiots

I would vote no as well, not only just because i choose not to drink, but people my age or around my age are stupid. you would see a lot more younger people in bars and clubs and what not, and you would also see a lot more of those idiots that make the decision to drink and drive and put other people’s lives in danger.

no i didnt vote, but i dont think it should be lowered, its matter of personal opinion and experience dealing with young people who like to indulge in alcohol. over seas many countries honor 18yr olds the right to drink legally. and when overseas the US Military follows the host countries law, and when in port a majority of the incidents that occured due to alcohol were of those between 18 and 20… goes to show you they lack the responsbility and maturity levels needed to drink and maintain socially acceptable behavior.

no because the majority of 18-20 year olds are immature and misinformed about the dangers of alcohol

c’mon everyone knows on your 21st birthday you have to take 21 shots of tequila, then eat the worm… n00b. :ohnoes

Says you ::slight_smile: :crackup

from what i seen in other countries, a lower drinking age isnt as bad as you guys might think. over here underage drinking and accidents all that bullshit seem to be way more common and way more of a problem than in countries with 18 yrs or 15 yrs or no age at all etc.

i remember in india there was no law there in most parts and no one was drinking cept for the older folks 30+ the kids had no interest in it

and when i was in germany the age was 15 for beer and something more for liquor and it was hardly a big deal there either, we got some beer once it was boring then only a pint here and there at the pub nothing major

then in england age is 18 and its sorta like it is here, but no way near as bad, over here its just stupid u got 12 and 13 year olds getting drunk every day of the week these days…

as for me i dont give a shit anymore i think im done drinking for life to be honest, i used to be an awesome drinker then after that huge huge mishap and 3 day hangover and nearly dying i nearly puke when thinking about anything with alkage, i been trying really really hard to drink and i got sorta buzzed once this summer and that was all, and i had wicked hangover the next day, so fuck it, im 21 in a couple weeks i could give a fuck

our issues stem from our rather lax penal system… in those countries if you get a DUi, or riding a mule drunk or something youll go to jail for a hot minute. lose your license for years at a time. here it takes multiple offenses to yield results, or you killing someone. people take it as a joke because if you get a dewey you can pay a lawyer and get off pretty easy… in japan the drinking age was 18, and you can get arrested for drunk on a bike, but there public transportation system is excellent there and most places are in walking distance. seems we are lacking common sense here in america as well… that holier than thou mentality.

You’ll understand when you’re older. You’ll want the bars to yourself, not crawling with obnoxious and immature high school seniors. Eighteen year olds are just too young. Sometimes I don’t even think sixteen year olds should be driving.

I lost it when i read the bolded statements :crackup

what youve never seen someone on a mule before? in greece our “taxi” was a mule drawn wooden buggy… scary bro.

A prime example of my reasoning.

Well, visioning someone “riding a mule drunk” just made me crack up…Actually it was hilarious because i pictured Singh riding a mule drunk :lmao

It’s just out culture, our youth will never be responsible enough to not abuse the lack of a drinking age without sufficient time, but during that time so many lives would probably be lost it would be stupid, would probably take 5 years of contant dwi related accidents, dead kids, etc until our nation’s youth could responsibly handle alcohol.

ive been drunk maybe 20 times in my life, 17 of those were post 21. its a terrible feeling.