Good thing I was up tonight!

I got a call from my brother, he was at a party out in the middle of nowhere. it was the kids 18th birthday and I guess it got a few to many people, I came and picked up his drunk ass along with his friends, but there were 8 troopers/sherriffs there.
Every kid there got a underage drinking ticket and all cars were being towed.

MAN, when I was in highschool, the cops would come and pour out all the beer and make everyone walk home. They were pretty cool and realized kids are kids and made sure everyone did not drive ect.
NOW, Granted, these cops are just doing their jobs, but hell, give the kids a break. Now they are going to have all this shit on their records and have to get their cars out of the impound lot.
Yes, I plan on getting a mixed argument out of this, but to everyone who partied in high school you can relate.

the drinking age should be 18, thats all im going to say

I’m sure you and maybe 2 others will agree with me on this…but damn I feel bad for the kids who got arrested and their cars towed.
oh well, atleast I got my brother home safe.

meh…

ive never heard of underage “drinking tickets” when no one was driving…usually the owner of the house gets fucked in the ass by the cops if there was underage drinking, and if the owners arent home, then the next one in line (son or daughter) get the ass raping…

when our parties were broken up by the po-lice we would just have to call our parents to come get us and get a slap on the wrist…if there were cars there then they stayed parked until the next day, or if someone was feeling ballsy enough to come back later that night n get it…idk maybe the cops are cracking down on underage drinking…sounds like overkill to me…but w/e

nudes?

x2…

if you’re old enough to fight in a war and old enough to vote, you’re old enough to get shit faced whenever you damn well please…

hay guis what’s going on in here?

buttsecks and debauchery…wanna join in!?!

k

wait no.

so adam didnt get fucked?

thats where you lie and say you walked haha.

The car will be there in the AM

Everyone got an appearance ticket. It’s called underage drinking, and it usually comes with 10hrs community service and a 6mo acd.
I know kids who have gotten it.
God, i’m only 20, and I feel like i was the responsible one tonight

I’d like to see it even lower. Maybe drinking age at 15 and drivers license at 17. I dont think learning to drive before you are allowed to drink is a great thing.

I bet someone at the party was being a smartass to the cops and provoked the tickets and towing.

+1 on the lower drinking age.

+1 on call parents and have them pick up the kids without formal tickets.

After those few underage drinking parties on GI were all over the news I’m sure the local cops are cracking down over the latest media created “crisis”.

Yeah, they make it out to be a problem, but anyone with half a brain knows kids got just as shitfaced 30-40 years ago.

x3

If you can die in a war you sure as hell should be able to drink

I think thats a terrible arguement. “If you can die in a war you should be able to drink”

They are completely unrelated. YOU VOLUNTEER FOR THE UNIFORMED SERVICES. It not like they are just giving you a gun and saying here, defend your country, but don’t drink. Hell even If you are “Dying in a war” many of the countries over there, (IE Saudi) have BANNED drinking.

So regardless if you are 21, 55, 18, or 25. You technically WILL NOT be drinking while you are over there. Sure there are bases where you get a ration of 3 beers (which dear god does nothing for you, and it tends to be shitty beer like bud light), and then the 18 year olds are ALLOWED to drink.

Personally, after all I’ve been through with drinking, kids are just too immature at 18 to be drinking and having a license. I would rather see kids get “underage drinking” than “DWI’s”

The alternative, is no drinking law, anyone can drink. Europe has no problem with it, its just the implementation of it, which would make it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to move to something like that.

OP: I do think its shitty that the cops are being more and more dicks about laws like this . I remember drinking behind the school over night and the cops came, they called the superintendent and thats it, they let the school take care of it. Of course lots of us got suspended, but whats an out of school suspension compared to something on the record.

I remember stories of my parents driving drunk and the cop would just follow them home to make sure they got home ok. Now, lol good luck

I think that was a saying that followed the Vietnam war, with the whole draft thing… people definitely didn’t volunteer for that, after which the drinking age was increased.

It should be 18 or less. Kids need to learn how to handle alcohol responsibly instead of having these rebellious chug sessions simply to stick a socially unacceptable middle finger at mom, dad, and the po-po, then going out driving intoxicated when they’re still pretty much learning how to drive…