Poll: Can dozr quit drinking for a month?

Lately, I have found myself drinking at least a drink or a few, 5-6 days a week, a few of those nights likely having more than a few… I think I need to just quit for awhile.

What do you guys think… one month, no Alcohol? Or should I allow myself one night of drinks a week?

No, considering I’m probably going to be back in a couple weeks.

I don’t see the problem. Cause, I do pretty much the same thing.

Dont start till 5pm (or so), don’t let it fuck up the rest of Your life (relationships, work, etc), and no driving…

cut down to 3 days a week max and you will be fine. it worked for me

Dont get me wrong, I by no means have a problem with drinking… It doesnt really affect my life, other than a growing beer gut. Just seems like its become such a “norm”, that I should probably quit for awhile.

are you trying to be different or something?

Quit because you want to.

Financials, or health, or lack of control.

Don’t quit just because “well, everyone else is drinking, I wanna be like newman and be different”

I mean… nothing… lol

:word: …i think

:whogives: :roll2:

i found myself in the same situation awhile ago… i just cut down… only have one once in awhile… but if i plan on having on, plan on having ten… haha, i only drink heavily friday, saturday, and sometimes sundays for the bills game

I thought about not drinking… but that usually doesn’t happen till about the time I throw up… then I wanna drink again.

Actually, you know what is funny.

Since i’ve moved back, I rarely drink more than once a week.

Once in a while, i may drink both nights of the weekend.

moved back where?
did I miss something?

Back Home, near NYC

:doh:

^^^LOL…jack u tard

thats nothing wrong with that. i used to drink just about every night during college. not getting bombed every night, but a beer or two. actually now i kinda just grew out of it with that whole, “having a real job” thing. now i just go out on the weekend sometimes and rarely even have a beer during the week.

try a week. xander did it, i could do it

i only drink like once a week unless provoked by xander

tom you’re no fun when you don’t drink. If i’m going to continue to bowl with you, you’d better be fun…which means you’d better drink.

You’re choosing a bad month to make this decision…can we say Biggest drinking/social holiday of the year? (thanksgiving eve)

From a non-drinker’s perspective:

What’s the big deal? Isn’t it like saying… “can I give up pizza for a month?” Sure you can. Why is alcohol revered as some mighty substance? It’s put in this whole class by itself. When people want to celebrate, out comes the alcohol. When people are bored, they reach for some drinks. Feeling depressed? Have some beers with your buddies.

Why? Now, I’m not saying don’t do it. I’m curious why drinking is so closely associated with these events, and why it’s such a “thing.”

i think that we would hang out alot more ( if you did not drink )… No way you should drink cause that is you… isnt it?