Ok, I quit drinking...now what?

Definitely not a permanent thing, but I decided over the weekend I’m going to stop drinking for a while. Been drinking a lot lately, and my body is starting to hate me. I feel so much more energized this week alone without drinking, so I decided I’ll give it a try for a month, or a few months, depending on how things go.

Typically I go out 3-4 nights a week, and always get hammered at least once, usually Friday and Saturday though. I still go and hang out at bars with my friends, but I’m still trying to get over being that guy who doesn’t drink plus all the peer pressure/harassment I’m getting from my friends.

Anyone else ever just stop drinking? What did you do to help get over it? It seems like all nightly social events revolve around drinking/bars, but there has to be other things out there.

Heroin?

blow

I’m going with…

Crystal Meth.

Good for you.

How much more coffee do you drink now?

Yea I stopped drinking a little bit ago (5 months ago)… It was a great character booster…

I personally got all pissed off at the drinking culture though… I never noticed how many douchebags there really is…

I do like that i save 800 a month now from not drinking and going nuts

:tup: stay with it

i wish you the best of luck my friend. ive tried a bunch of times. i could never do it.

:awdrifter:

thats debatable

I turned 21 on the 13th, granted i’ve had a fake id since I’ve been 16.

I’ve literally drank almost everyday since then.
I think i’m calling it quits…well, toning it down to drinking once every 2 weeks.

i really would save so much money if i quit smoking and drinking

god. and i would prob not feel like im going to die all day long too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Minglor/123.jpg

Not really a coffee person, i’m high on life (aka red bull)…and it’s definitely going to save me some money too.

I’m not going to lie,.I got home at 8:30 am on Saturday morning from Friday night, and after I woke up at 1:30 pm and felt like shit, I decided it was time for a break. Going out and having a few beers was fun, but I feel like the beers aren’t necessary anymore. I just said, you know, if I stop drinking, I wont feel like shit everyday anymore, I’ll probably lose a few lbs. because I don’t eat all that much, and I’ll have so much more money. All three reasons sounded valid enough for me to not want to drink.

Once I get past the first couple weekends I know I’ll be fine, but I was hanging out at a bar tonight and I really wanted a drink. I just want to know what some of you sober folk do.

i gave up drinking for caffeine. Cola and coffee.

Sure, it’s still not good, but definitely better than alcohol.

I don’t drink pop. Only thing I do is a red bull couple times a week.

SODA

FAIL
[SIZE=2]I say pop. :shrug:
[/SIZE]

Welp, there goes this thread.

ibsodavspopdebate

There’s no debate. There’s “pop” and there’s foreigners.

define POP.

define SODA.

You’re an engineer, GO.