Been thinking about quiting drinking...

Not sure why but all of a sudden I decided I don’t want to get drunk anymore. It is starting to invade on my music and screw with my health. it’s also to damned expensive. I have two kids, two projects, a house and a band, wasting money for beer is the last thing I need to do. That’s not to mention again my health…
I think I can give up getting wasted but I make my own beer and that is really satisfying to me. Not necessarily the drinking part but the practice and creation. Idk

It’s going to be awkward as I am at our shop everday and other then work on cars, all we do is drink.

Has anyone else on here quit drinking?

i havent drank since halloween, dont really miss it… at all

i quit drinking for a year, probably lost 30 lbs…lol… ive started drinking again, but i was never one to drink to get drunk. i just get sick of drinking other stuff… the drunkeness is the fun that comes with it, just dont burn that out and you should be fine…

I never have, nor will I ever understand why anyone would want to get drunk. I mean, have a few, sure, but to willingly want to get to a point where you’re sick, has always been beyond my understanding. I know of a select few times it happened to me not intentionally. What an awful feeling…

Anyways, good for you.

nobody likes a quitter.

if you need a sponsor, I can give you a bunch of reasons not to drink. I wont go to meetings with you, as im way the fuck up north, but you can feel free to call and rattle off your problems until you dont feel like drinking anymore.

I had to quit drinking due to the eyeball, didnt have a choice.
What I miss most, a heavy vodka with ocean spray light cranberry, in a big jar while watching top gear.

its been over a year since I drank last. Surprised I ever touched the stuff, I know alot of lush’s.

get a coffee maker for the shop, my brother did it when his drinking got out of control during shop hours.

drinking sucks.

Thanks bud but I don’t need a sponsor. I have quit a lot of unhealthy substances and never went back. But srsly thanks for the offer.

BTW there is a free 18 pack of miller lite to whoever can come and get it the quickest :).

stop drinking to get drunk and then you can really enjoy alcoholic beverages. Unless you have a severe drinking problem, then that would be pretty much impossible, so you should just stop all together.

Yeah like I said I make home brew and I like to have a glass of good beer with dinner once and while. I dont think that will change but the getting drunk with the guys then doing something stupid and being hungover part I’m done with.

[/QUOTE][QUOTE=91MR2;1556095]I never have, nor will I ever understand why anyone would want to get drunk. I mean, have a few, sure, but to willingly want to get to a point where you’re sick, has always been beyond my understanding. I know of a select few times it happened to me not intentionally. What an awful feeling…

Anyways, good for you.

x2, except for the part happening to me, never been drunk, keep up the good work tho =)

i’ll give you my nyspeed sticker if you do something cool with the beer and film it and post it lolz

?

4 years and a few weeks dry here. came to the same conclusion… money wasted, time wasted, and so on. what i spent on Guinness (my staple) paid my snap-on payment on my box when i upgraded the first year. it does make a ton of people uncomfortable when you start declining drinks. they get all worried about some life changing experience or trauma you experienced to stop. ask you silly questions concerning your great life decision… i don’t go to meetings, never got a DUI (not sure how i managed not to) never killed anyone. just quit drinking and started working out when i was having back problems and got sick of pissing money away on drinking.

or wear your wife’s jeans, put big sharpie X’s on your hands and when offered a drink scream at them that you don’t need their fucking poison!

hahah I couldn’t fit in my wife’s jeans if I tried lol

God i love beer.

I stopped drinking since new years eve. I had an incident where I was black out drunk by 8pm, and totally passed out until the next day. I disappointed my girlfriend, and embarrassed myself. I just have no desire to drink at all.

I have waaaaaaaay too many of those stories.

You have two kids and still get drunk regularly?

Stop being a fuck. It’s time to be a big boy.

:bigclap:

It’s been every weekend for awhile now.