No Front Plate Ticket :-(

It’s not a law I agree with but it’s still a law. Either obey it or pay the fine.

meh, my gti could run circles around my wrx, except in the snow/dirt

meh, i’ve ziptied my plate on a few times, I choose not to run a front plate, but it really pisses cops off…especially now with the license plate camera that the troopers have.
Looks a lot better with no front plate…just pay the ticket.

edit: don’t throw a plate in your window, alot of times a cop will pass your car and jsut think you’re out of state, but if HE SEES a NY plate on your dash it’ll give him more of a reason to pull you over, as it’s illegal

and i wasn’t looking for props with the pics. every forum I’ve ever seen, people can’t get enough pics.

Hence:
:picsorstfu: & :needpic:

iv gottin a no front plate ticket before in buffalo, when i went to court they just asked me if i put it on i said “yes” even tho i didnt and they dismissed it

edit: btw vw’s are not sexy

Go back to those shitty poor forums then!

i’d zip tie it to the side over one of the fog lights.

i use to get pulled over literally 1 out of every 3 times out in the Z for front plate, then they’d obviously mention the exhaust…had a few try to convince me that i had illegal tints when the windows are 100% stock, etc…

any time they see a younger driver in a somewhat nice car, they’ll look for any and all reasons to pull you over…or so this has been my experience.

suck it up, realize that the front end of your car isn’t nearly as sexy to ANYBODY ELSE as it is to you…and just put a plate on.

Gladly.

i know cars look really sexy with out the front plate but what ever

I had a MKIV VW that I really liked and I never got maliciously flamed for it.

Oh, wait. I didn’t expect anyone to be impressed by it. And I had a front plate on it. :slight_smile:

They are what they are. Comfy, heavy, inexpensive, unreliable, fun to drive, slow, relatively luxurious, and unimpressive.

I got a no front plate tix in amherst a few years back, and since i had another non moving violation in the prior 18 mos, it was 185. no joke. the judge called my name, i stood up and he dropped the penalty. it was retarded.

i keep my license plate on my dash, i know im eventually going to get pulled over for it, but i take it as my own fault if i do.

haha nice beach shot

what other states, other than NY require a front plate? No cars are manufactured with front plate slots, only rear plate positions. Front plate brackets are added to cars in NY…

didnt read the whole thread but to answer your question. YES. Just make it look somewhat permanent.

Pretty much every state that boarders mexico/canada.
One of the reasons for a front plate is when you cross customs.

and, every car comes with front plate marks…most toyotas have little dimples where you drill into.

I used to hate working at toyota and drilling the front plate into a $70K land cruiser.

Sexiness not found… k thx bye.

I’ve been rockin no front license and never had a problem :slight_smile:

ive never had a front plate on my evo
was stopped once for it at 3 in the morning
told me to get one on then asked me about my car and whats done to it

Every single time you post in threads like this it hurts my head. Everything with you is about practicality and “obeying the law”. I’m not really sure how you consider yourself much of a car enthusiast with an attitude like that.

I think if we all had the same attitude no one would ever bother to modify anything or be different at all. I guess we would probably all go out and buy practical cars like Xterra’s and lecture people that actually attempt to do things differently.

Your telling him to follow the law, but also saying he would be in the clear if he drove a Ferrari. Did you graduate high school yet? I mean honestly…

Man I wish I had a mid 90’s Buick. They are sooooo much BETTER than MK5’s.

GTI’s suck. As do the rest of volkswagens.

This thread needs to be…
:lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd::lockd: