How many of you... [Illegal Mods]

How many of you have something illegal (something a cop could give you a ticket for) done to your car/bike?

ie: no front plate, loud exhaust, tints, ect.

I’m just curious because it seems to me an automotive forum would have a high percentage of people that would say yes, but lately it seems this has turned into a soccer mom and hockey dad forum with regards to being responsible and following the laws VERY strictly.

Don’t turn this into a “cops are just doing their jobs/don’t do dumb shit” thread, simply answer the poll question and if you feel you have something logical to comment, feel free to post.

Loud exhaust is about it, on my old car, it broke. Never stopped, which is good, because loud exhaust is complete BS. If its not louder then the horrid bikes, its not too loud.

I get pulled over at night cause my rear tails are tinted deep and look like this in the dark. Cops tell me my rear tails don’t work.

Even though you can see them at night. I had the one cop even tell me my registration was expired, which made me believe he was blind.

It became a hassle being pulled over, so i returned to the stockers.

In my bmw i was pulled over and the cops excuse was i had hid’s, and that they didn’t come from the factory on bimmers.

In the end i say cops are just jealous, most of them that stop you for “illegal things done to car” don’t even know how to drive a car to begin with, their not car enthusiasts.

cutout, no cat, no front plate, maby some other but i cant remember

Exhaust is street legal, 50% tint and no orange reflector, but since the bulb flashes orange I have had not any issues

Also, no front plate law and the cops in MI seem to leave cars alone for mods.

how did you get a 10 letter plate?

those lights look like shit, I’d give you a ticket too if I could.

and pretty much modifying a vehicle in any way other then OEM or OEM-replacement IS ILLEGAL. Get over it.

Yep and I was never ticketed/harassed over it.

A few weeks ago the exhaust fell off on my car…the whole thing cat back.I drove around for almost a week with no exhaust and nobody pulled me over,I would’ve kept it off but the droning sound just drove me insane.

I don’t know if the windows are tinted to the point of being illegal but they sure are dark.Haven’t had any problems with them yet either.

Previous car had no front plate and I wasn’t about to drill into my bumper.No trouble as well.

Cause i can brada.

Its just a custom plate, not legit. Pic is old from when car was off the road.

As long as i like the look thats all that counts. This is a free country.

Thanks Nikuk, for highlighting my ranking.

Lets keep it civil plz.

…just read the OP and move on.

Nikuk is right too, modding puts you in the boat for tickets, but this thread isn’t about whether it’s right or wrong; just if your car is legit or not.

Simple.

loud exhaust, no front plate
i usually dont ever get hassled for either, but last week i got a ticket for them

Judging from how many times I’ve been pulled over since owning this car, I’m going to say it’s illegal. In regards to tint mostly. WHICH ISN’T EVEN THAT DARK. HMF.

The tint on my Lexus is illegal and the exhaust on my Cobra is probably illegal even though it’s not that loud.

From my past experience, having other slight illegal modifications can get you out of a worse ticket.

For example, a few months ago, I got pulled over for passing on a double yellow, the cop let me go with a tint ticket, which was dropped.

And for all you people who say “blah blah blah pay to play” well most of you are hypocrites, because, if you have a collegiate sticker (banner) on your rear window, that is in violation of a traffic law.

I bet everyone on here is violating some sort of law, whether it be a radar detector on your windshield (nothing is supposed to block your line of sight) or an air freshener hanging from your rear view.

no front and exhaust…always have driven this way and only stop a few times with no tickets…knock on wood

hmm. where do i start?

-motor swap to old school motor
-ZERO emissions
-very loud exhaust
-rear tails arent visible from side
-reverse lights are red
-tint is slightly past the limit
-etc

arent you not allowed to modify anything on a vehicle or its illegal? because literally every single thing on my truck has been modified.

do i care that its illegal? no. i dont drive like an asshat everywhere i go and i know my truck is pretty safe.

Sticker on plate is illegal i’m sure
loud exhaust
no front plate

My rabbit is totally legit, tho.

The way I look at it, the heat people catch on this board is when they do something illegal, or have something illegal on their car and then complain about it to the forum when they get caught. If you have something illegal on your car or do something stupid and get pulled over for it, be a man and pay your fine, don’t come to the board to bitch about it.

This is not directed at you personally btw.

You guys do it all wrong…

Buy a domestic they won’t give you a hard time…

I lived in Amherst and drove around for over a year with no mufflers…and before that I had a X pipe with decently loud exhaust.

Slightly loud exhaust. It’s a muscle car sound though not an obnoxious buzzing ricer so I haven’t been bothered about it. I’m aware it may happen one day though and wouldn’t cry about the cop doing his job.

No front plate (its in the window)
Loud exhaust (if I get on it)

Don’t really get bothered about it, I have had cops pull out when I pass them, they follow for a bit then leave