Sooo I got $330 in tickets today

So im driving into a plaza to go pick up my friend and i see a cop. Park and pick up my friend come out and drive away very casually and normal. Next thing i know theres a cop on my ass… Comes up to my window and says im giving you three tickets No front plate, To dark tinting, loud exhaust… Ok front plate is my fault. Tinting, the tinting is lighter on my car than my moms sienna and hers is stock tinting :@ I told him isnt it sopposed to be 30% light comes though the car? Hes like no i should be able to read your license while its on the window at night. Im like wtf. The really gay part is its my rear quarter window thing :evil: my front windows are not even tinted i had my windows down! THen for my exhaust hes like yeah its modified im like ok do you want me to take it to 3000rpm to test if its to loud, hes like no its modified so you get a ticket because there imported from japan and america which have different emmissions laws. Fuk man… I want to go fight this. Ill talk to my dads friend whos a lawyer. You guys ever get hassled for this crap randomly? If so what did you do? Also he didnt pull me over initially for my front plate because the way i entered its like physically impossible to see the plate (cars blocking ect) Way to end the week

dont worry to much man…you’ll def be able to fight some of it.

where were u when u got these tickets? if u were in york region thoses guys are out to get everyone, if its toronto, then no need to worry, put it in court,

u’ll get at least one or two thrown out… jsut have a good defence…

having your windows down is a good one for the tint…lol

Wow that’s junk. They’re really killing the plate and exhaust tickets these days…although you can’t really say anything about the plate in your case. All you can do is make sure to keep your plates clean, stickers up to date, free of coloured covers, mounted properly and with working lights, or they WILL stop at nothing to get you.

It really sounded like he was having a bad day or something.

The real lame part are his excuses. My exhaust is modified but not loud or illegal. They should actually LOOK and just ensure a cat is present if you ask me. As far as volume, are they gonna pull over every Harley that drives by them as well? How about THEIR police bikes?

I’m all for responsibility on the street and with keeping your ride legal, but some officers just seem bitter, and frankly, unknowledgeable.

Bottom line, fight them.

his car’s exhaust isnt even loud at all when ure following him. only near redline it gets loud.

plus its not like one of those shitty ricer cans too. he got a sleeper style magnaflow, thats pretty quiet and sounds supperrr nice! :stuck_out_tongue:

try having a cop pull into the driveway and search you on your friends driveway and give u bs tickets like careless driving (it was raining) no plates (had 10 day permit) and unnessary noise when they saw a tin can. and mark the ticket saying i got pulled over the road beside my friends place.

cops are dumb and have power trips especially the new young ones

It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the HTA - or even carry a pocket HTA to refer to when you get harassed.

The tickets are debatable from the cop’s point of view, except for the tint. As far as tint goes, if you have no tint on the windshield or forward side windows then you are legal.

Tint on the rear window and rear side windows can be as dark as you want.

Thats messed up…i didnt even get that harrassed when my car was flat black wit a 3" catback(N/A motor) I had two cops both at diffrent times riiight on my bumper and they didnt touch me…maybe its the new paint :lol: but i mean my plates have lightly tinted covers, dark tint all around…i havnt got one complaint…i suppose you got the odd prick…i just be polite…so far its working for me. Also cleaning up your act like taking off your L.A. hat and bling earing, big gangster jackets etc etc will help not attract so much heat.

Or just drive naked… but then you’ll be arrested for indecent exposure…

Everyone who has a little extra sound to their car is at risk… If your car has an aftermarket exhaust, chances are it’s still louder then stock. If a cop hears it, they look for a muffler, when they find one they ticket.

If they hear a loud car, but see a stock muffler, they assume exhaust leak. (IE. Like every Hyundai accent thats older then 2 years)

This applies to everywhere except York Region, where they pull you over for whatever infraction they can find from the exterior, and then ticket you for more after a closer inspection.

Odd, since I live in york region and have never been pulled over. My car is black, lowered, tinted to hell and I have the biggest exhaust leak known to man. I had a cop follow me from pretty much infront of my house, to scarborough, didn’t touch me. I also had my music up with the sub pounding.
I just have all plates on my car, working turn signals, sticker is renewed, etc… It’s legal, pretty much.

I got pulled over in a pickup for doing nothing… and then was given nothing…

York is a joke… They are the reason why I don’t feel sorry for cops who get assaulted…

y0 dudebro, i saw your sister at plastique…

But seriously, I have a 3" apex’i n1 catback on my NA KA with the biggest SLUT of an exhaust leak (ask vlad, he knows), and i haven’t been pulled over once for it :stuck_out_tongue:

I did, on the other hand, get ticketed for a loud exhaust after cops didn’t have enough evidence to prove that Vlad and I were “street racing” (:roll:) on the 401. Ask anyone who went to Jover’s Drift practice on June 4, lmao.

Yeah i was at 16th and leslie

I hope so… didnt even have my windows up :evil:

u’ll get at least one or two thrown out… jsut have a good defence…

having your windows down is a good one for the tint…lol

They really do have powertrips…

try having a cop pull into the driveway and search you on your friends driveway and give u bs tickets like careless driving (it was raining) no plates (had 10 day permit) and unnessary noise when they saw a tin can. and mark the ticket saying i got pulled over the road beside my friends place.

cops are dumb and have power trips especially the new young ones

LoL I had no hat. I have not that big of an earing haha and i was wearing a manchester jersey. Not even close to gangter haha…

Thats messed up…i didnt even get that harrassed when my car was flat black wit a 3" catback(N/A motor) I had two cops both at diffrent times riiight on my bumper and they didnt touch me…maybe its the new paint but i mean my plates have lightly tinted covers, dark tint all around…i havnt got one complaint…i suppose you got the odd prick…i just be polite…so far its working for me. Also cleaning up your act like taking off your L.A. hat and bling earing, big gangster jackets etc etc will help not attract so much heat.

So yeah im gonna go fight them. First time being harrassed by cops to. pigs… :lol: the cop told me put a front plate on and the ticket for plates might be dropped. Thats after I told him about the tint law (or what i thought it was) and the loudness law for the exhaust. Probably needed to make his quota. funny thing is he looked and acted like a rookie… From what I have heard he pulled over my friends friend at that same place. I dont even think her car is modified… gayness still

same thing happened to me. the cop accused me of “running a yellow light” and “speeding”. i proved him wrong since i was in fact innocent. his excuse for not issuing those two tickets were “you have a clean record, i don’t want to ruin it. i’ll let you off with a warning”. he then inspected my car, made me rev (low) and gave me a ticket for “improper muffler”. he was just looking for an excuse to pull me over, since getting ticketed for improper muffler > “yellow+speeding”. and where of all places was this? you got it - York region, Hwy7 and Woodbine.

good luck with your tickets man. fight any and all tickets.

The only time I was ever pulled over in my 240 was in York region on 16th, right near Woodbine.

5 tickets, $580 bucks…

All fix it tickets, including Improper Tires, Improper Exhaust, License plate cover, Improper Horn, and another plate infraction.

This was after the MTO inspected my car and 2 more cruisers showed up.

They made me tow it home, which is about a 30 minute drive.

Here’s where it gets interesting.

I asked him if I could fix the plate problems right there. All I would have to do is take of the cover, and switch the front and rear plates. 2 tickets gone. To fix my horn, it would have taken about 3 minutes of work. I could have gotten a change of tires from one of the 5 240 guys at WB and 16th as they all live close and all had 4 lug spare sets. Thats 4 tickets down without moving.

The 5th one for the exhaust, I couldn’t fix there without another exhaust. However the exhaust itself already had a silencer in it.

Even the MTO officer tried to get the ticketing officer to cut me a break, and the guy still didn’t.

If they want to nail you they will.

“you have a clean record, i don’t want to ruin it. i’ll let you off with a warning”

Where have i heard that one before…and…“Your Car matched the description of a run away vehicle earlyer today” Or “you swerved i thought you may be under the influence?” They all say the same old shiz

Shitttt! I jsut got an uneccessary noise ticket for my exhaust. What is a good explanation for this in court? I still have the cat installed and I am going to put my gay silencers back in.

I got hassled for two of the same things as you. Having no front plate on the bumper instead it was sitting on my dash. As for my muffler he gave me a warning. He even made me rev it to 3000 rpm. Jackass and a half he was.

Im taking my plate ticket to court for sure. My dates in June 2007. Peel Regional make me laugh. fake ass wannabe cops.

i ran from a cop helicoptor… n got away. i win haha