Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

NHL sets hearing with Flyers’ Carcillo

The NHL will hold a hearing with Philadelphia Flyers forward Daniel Carcillo at 3 p.m. ET Thursday to discuss an incident that took place during the Flyers’ Game 1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-1, Wednesday night.

The NHL spoke with all coaches and general managers prior to the start of the playoffs informing them there would be no “message sending” during the latter stages of games. Carcillo got involved with the Penguins’ Max Talbot near the end of the game.

The Flyers acquired Carcillo, 24, at the trade deadline in exchange for Scottie Upshall and a 2011 second round draft pick. He scored 3 goals and 11 assists in 74 games this season, picking up 254 penalty minutes.

they have a few footnotes but pretty much the same rule. most leagues follow the USAhockey book pretty closely and will add to it where they see fit… but rarely take away.
like the new clearing the puck out of the defensive zone over the glass rule, or how my highschool kids have to wear neckgaurds and are not allowed to fight etc.

49.2 Goals - Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official.

A puck that deflects into the net off an attacking player’s skate who does not use a distinct kicking motion is a legitimate goal. A puck that is directed into the net by an attacking player’s skate shall be a legitimate goal as long as no distinct kicking motion is evident. The following should clarify deflections following a kicked puck that enters the goal:

(i) A kicked puck that deflects off the body of any player of either team (including the goalkeeper) shall be ruled no goal.

(ii) A kicked puck that deflects off the stick of any player (excluding the goalkeeper’s stick) shall be ruled a good goal. Any time the puck has been kicked, makes contact with any stick, and then deflects off any player (excluding the goalkeeper) into the net, it will be ruled a good goal.

(iii) A goal will be allowed when an attacking player kicks the puck and the puck deflects off his own stick and then into the net.

A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks any equipment (stick, glove, helmet, etc.) at the puck, including kicking the blade of his own stick, causing the puck to cross the goal line.

regarding the goal from last night, im guessing that there was no clear evidence that it was kicked (or not touched with the stick after being kicked) and the “war room” couldnt come up with anything strong enough to disallow the goal.
to me, if he did kick it, the puck hit off the post and was coming out… then the goalie kicked it back in so it should be a goal either way.

That was my opinion on the matter as well.

x3. Bob Errey was pissing me off when he just kept saying “this is gonna get called back” lol

They should broadcast this on Versus for Pittsburgh too, id much rather watch that than FSN

Bob Errey should fist himself.

yeah that was hardcore cheap…didn’t richards do that to Sid with the butt end of his stick before?

Carcillo suspended for game 2 and Coach was fined 10k for the crap at the end of the game

wow my playoff brackets are going to hell… ducks and van won…

BILLY G!!!

word up mother fucka!!!

great game. but i think they went in to tonight too confident

I don’t think that. I think philly decided to show up and play hard. They are just not as good as the penguins. Get out the broom, I feel a sweep coming on.

then again, maybe not

6 pens move on… barely in the 6th game…

Gonchar blew that shorty, I thought the defense looked pretty bad today, to much traffic in front of Fleury

Agreed, when there is pressure you have to hussle…and he didnt

Big game coming up…lets hope to be up 3-1

ya, dunno why he skated so slow and kept looking over his shoulder… need to haul ass back and get the damn puck :stick:

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYZ7WTpsUw”]YouTube - Lightning-Penguins preseason game 9/20/2008[/ame]

it’s not his job to be “scared”, it’s his job to get the puck. If he is scared to get hit, he needs to find a new career.

if that’s the case he shouldn’t be on the ice, no way should he have been beaten to that puck because he was afraid to get hit… especially with the other team being a man short.

Interesting…

Ovie crashes the Garden ‘party’
Monday, 04.20.2009 / 1:48 PM / 2009 Playoffs Conference Quarterfinals
By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Staff Writer
CAPITALS VS. RANGERS
SERIES STATUS: RANGERS LEAD 2-0

NEW YORK – Early on during the New York Rangers’ pre-game practice Monday morning at Madison Square Garden, Alex Ovechkin went out to the visitor’s bench in shorts and a T-shirt and started watching intently.

He was there no longer than a few minutes before a Capitals’ public relations representative told him he couldn’t sit on the bench, but he could go in the stands. Ovechkin stood up, stretched out his chest and muttered something under his breath before walking back to the Capitals’ dressing room.

Asked later why he went out there to watch the Rangers practice, No. 8 smiled and said in his improved but still slightly broken English, “Just Tortorella [ticks] off.”

Well, why do you think they asked you to leave Ovie?

“Because they’re afraid of me, all right?” Ovechkin said before walking away.

Seems Ovechkin isn’t nervous heading into Game 3 Monday night here at the Garden (7 p.m. ET, VERSUS, TSN) even though his team trails the best-of-7 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal, 2-0, and was shut out in Game 2 on Saturday afternoon.

“It’s a fun time and it’s a hard time and we like when it’s a hard time for our team,” Ovechkin said. "We bounce back. Right now we have a little bit of pressure, but if we win one game the pressure bounces back to the other locker room. Everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, they bounced back and they’re coming.’ "

That’s exactly what the Capitals are hoping for out of Monday night’s game.