Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

My beard is itchy already…FU$%@$!!!

I think the Montreal/Boston series is gonna be the worst lol

2 #4 seeds… I am hoping for Pens over the Hawks for the cup… it will win me $100 for our bracket :smiley:

I want to see CBJ upset the Wings too… that would be GREAT!

wow. i have the hawk losing in the first round… although i’m pretty sure the flames lost 3 to them this season. o well, it was only a $5 poll lol

I think they’ll make it passed the Flames, they have been on the decline as of late. Also the Hawks seed is deceiving… they had 4 points more than Vancouver and would have taken 3rd had they not split the 1-2-3 spots up by division, im not a big fan of that when you have a points system, I think that works a lot better when they go by records, Wins/Losses/Ties like in the NFL… but that’s probably why I don’t run the show lol

woooo lets go pens

Getting pumped!

Can’t wait for the game. Have an office party tonight then heading to a bar on the northshore for the game.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/iaminurphila.jpg

I’m not sure they take Tavares, to be honest. They are young up front with the likes of Okposo and the such. Victor Hedman is an amazing player that I watched in the WJC this year and he seems to be an option at #1. I wouldn’t be totally suprised to see them go with Hedman.

um i think we need a pittspeed suite at the consol energy center… whos with me!!!

Explain this to me… had Sid even made a kicking motion and not touched the puck with his stick… how would that still not be a goal? I was under the impression that if it hits the post, then the goalie kicks it in, it would “nullify” Sids kick

Consol Energy def looks SICK!

Now just finish it!!!

Godard for Friday

For Sure :eek3:

I dont think we’ll see Gods until Sunday to be honest. The Flyers are trying to instigate to get a power play or get our guys off the game while we’re at home. Let them do that with Cooke and Adams and Orpik playing the smart game and letting them take the penalties. But, once they get to Philly, I’ll think they will be in total douche mode so it may require him to step into the lineup to straighten some guys out in case they get a case of brass balls while playing at the Wachovia Center

No.

Rule 624 Kicking Puck
(a) Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones; however, a
goal shall not be allowed if the puck was kicked by an
attacking player and entered the goal either directly or after
deflecting off any player including the goalkeeper.

http://www.usahockey.com/uploadedFiles/USAHockey/central_district/amateur_hockey_as38/2007_2009_Rulebook.pdf

Ya, and I can see why they have that, I guess what I was getting at though was the fact that it hit the post and came back out into the crease, then Biron kicked it. I could see had Sid kicked it and it went in off Biron directly…

Oh well, it was a goal either way, they said Sid got his stick on it :smiley:

Thanks for explaining SMort

no problem. i just like using my rulebook.

i think there’s a definition of PASSING in there too for the member of this board that seems have trouble with that term.

did only one game take place in the west last night?

Ya… then they are doing 3 west and 1 east tonight

Good find on the rulebook, but the question is do the USA Hockey and NHL rulebooks have the same interpretation?

The only reason I ask is because there are some MAJOR differences between NFHS, NCAA, and NFL rule books for football. Even some minor ones in terms of how simple plays like pass interference and holding are to be called.

I doubt it’s going to be possible to see an NHL rulebook. Kinda sucks I’d like to see one.