OPPPSSSSS I F*cked up :-P

Okay, I installed Vista Ultimate last night. Yahooo!!! The copy I have allows you to select any version you want, including Ultimate!!! I entered the CD Key at the time of install and everything went great…until the reboot. After the OS was installed, I enter my PW for my admin account and it is asking for me to re-enter the cd key. The cd key is the same one that has been floating around on the net and can be found at astalavista.com. I have internet access but cannot access my hard drives nor desktop. I think MS shut down that key because others have been usuing it. Anyone have any ideas? LOL…and dont tell me to go buy a Legit copy…good thing I have my laptop in the mean time. MS has disabled the desktop so patches may not be applied to bootleg copies. Looks like I may be doing a clean install of XP tonight:meh:

sounds like microsofts DRM at work can u see if a different key will work?

good fuck you asshole. go buy the fucking product if you want it. fucking thief. lol

lol yeah, that key you used probably got thrown around like a $2 whore

Honestly, for the time being, you either have to deal with buying it… not installing it with a key (you get 30 days to activate it until you get a “good” one) or put up with XP. I haven’t seen any cracks yet that seem worthwhile (most use files from the beta release)

Will it allow me to install the OS without a key? Hmmm…I was prompted for a key so I figured one had to be used…I can reinstall it today and give that a shot i guess…:rofl:

it will allow u to run the OS without a key but u only get 30 days like stated after that u need a key

OK, i will give that a shot tonight. Thanks!!!

i was going to download the one that u downloaded yesturday too good thing i didnt

It’s good and it has all the Vista versions…just need a good key…LOL

i was skeptical about it having all the versions but if u find a good key let me know, ill look around for keys too

Oh Vista… I remember the goold old days back in ought-one when I first installed it. Only it was called Longhorn Alpha-3683 or something like that. Back then it was basically XP with a cool theme and an instability patch…

EDIT: I just googled 3683 and it must have been ought-two. I think that was the first alpha I installed…

If you want, I can burn it for you…save you a few days downloading 2.5GB…

give it a few weeks and everything will be resolved with keys and activision

yea that would be awsome if u could do that cause i want ultimate too. is it the upgrade or full version? 32 or 64bit?

All of the vista CD’s/DVD’s will contain all the versions… it’s dependant upon the cdkey which version it will install, not the cd :slight_smile:

so i could buy a home basic and just get an ultimate key? interesting

Yup

It is 32-bit but you have the option to upgrade from XP and keep your existing files, and it also gives you the option for a clean install.

You pay for the key/liscense, not the CD. You can use the same CD to install 5000 copies if you want, but you’ll need to buy another 4999 keys.

oh i need the 64 bit