thank you microsoft

i went and bought vista home premium earlier and i asked the sales person if they had the 64bit version on vista and the guy said yes they come with both 32bit and 64bit cd’s. now i know that ultimate comes with both but i gave him the benefit of the doubt and bought it anyway. so i get home open the package and what do i see, 1 32bit cd. thx ever so knowledgable sales person. i start reading the panplets that are in the case and there is one that says “need a 64bit instead of 32bit?” and i was right the ultimate version is the only version that comes with 2 cd’s and the other ones only ship with 32bit ones. so then i had to go and order another cd for $10 and then they charge me tax along with that. plus they dont even over night the cd to you, i have to wait about 10 days for it to come. thank you very much microsoft for not labeling you boxes on what comes in them, thank you for being greedy bastards and charging me more money to get a different cd because you dont want to put in another cd in there and thank you sales associates for not knowing what you are talking about.

but on a lighter note i will now have both cd’s so if anyone would like to “take a look at them for a day” just give me $5 and i will lend them to u but u will need to find your own key

I wonder if you can call MS and just buy a key over the phone

I would actually like to buy windows this time around

Vista Business comes in 64bit

Windows Vista AIO DVD ftw … contains all the RTM version of Vista, both 32bit and 64bit

:tup: to not knowing what you’re buying, then blaming the company.

I’m assuming the ultimate box says something about “Both 32 and 64 bit versions included”. Lack of that on the one you bought should have told you something.

Be pissed at the sales guy if you want to be pissed at someone.

:tup: to the home premium box not saying what is included so yea microsoft should label what is in it and so yea i am going to blame them.

another :tup: to your reading

No, read my post. The fact that the home premium DOESN’T SAY IT INCLUDES THE 64 BIT VERSION should have been more than enough to tell you it wasn’t there. Besides that, not many people are running 64 bit machines AT HOME, so why would anyone assume the 64 bit version would come with a home edition?

And to make sure, I just found a box shot of ultimate:
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=504894

And just as I assumed, right on the front of the box, 32 and 64 bit
The lack of that on the home edition should tell anyone but an idiot that the 64 bit version does not come with home edition. So ya, so ya, so p0wned. :wink:

But I wouldn’t expect much technical expertise from someone who has had 2 broken image links in his sig forever. Oh yeah, I went there. :lol:

well for 1 they had the vista boxes locked up in the back like they are gold so i did not see the box i just asked if they had it in 64bit. also 64bit computers are increasing in popularity and its not hard to just slap another $10 cd in there just in case.

only one of my sig links are dead anyway im just to lazy to go and delete it

1. why x64 anyway, shit is still incompatible with it
  2. why vista now?

Really, just one broken link?
http://users.adelphia.net/~jdsears/images/sigbroke.jpg

Two red X’s.

Anyway, sorry for busting your balls. Someone had to go bump that damn curb thread of Jan’s and got me on a personal responsibility kick this morning. That and I don’t feel like working today. :slight_smile:

1. thats what my computer is 64bit and i only had 1 incompatibility problem but im not even sure it was because of that.
  2. i am going to upgrade to it eventually so i figured y not now i got a few free things when i bought it. i can deal with the 1or 2 compatibility problems that i will have which i will then use xp to run

i dont see that second red x b4 my saturn picture; wierd i only had 3 pictures and 2 are working so dont know what that one is.

anyway i dont take anything to heart so its no big deal i was just more pissed that i had to pay $10 to get another cd then they charged me estimated tax. i bought their program u figured they would send u a free cd

im with stupid on this one.

in another 3/4 yrs 64bit will be appropriate. to each their own, but i just dont get why so many pc savvy ppl are not obeying the 6 month rule.

we got a vista machine at work and i was not impressed at all

I’m gonna hold out for blackcomb. :tup:

why not? long as you don’t rely on it (either use it on a secondary machine or dual boot it)

it’s another toy to tinker around with :slight_smile:

Wait for

“Vista worms strips valuable information off systems spreads accross internet”

i prefer to tinker with linux machines, you learn more that way.

vista(looks and user-wise, not internally) is just OSX+XP+annoyances

64bit Vista with 4gigs of memory is really the best way to run the OS. There are so many background processes going on that it makes computers that only fill the minimum requirements beg for mercy. It’s cool to tinker with but when the “coolness” wears off, you’ll be better off with XP.

Running Linux makes you cool :bloated:

:slight_smile:

theres nothing cool about being a computer nerd, lol

i dont think running linux makes me cool. i just figure that if im gonna tinker with things, ide prefer a challange and wanna learn something. i think that running linux forces you to have more discipline as a user.