Point me in the right direction of used handgun stores.

Looking for a Ruger or Taurus 9mm for a carry, and was wondering what places you guys have been and what you recommend.

Ace Sporting Goods in Washington has pretty good prices and a good selection in concealed carry guns. My dad and a couple of his friends have dealt with them a lot.

How much are you looking to spend? A new Taurus PT111 in 9mm is about $350. I personally like the PT 24/7 series better, they seem to be built better and not much bigger/too cumbersome to carry. My 24/7 .40 was $429.

try anthony arms on 88

anthony’s is good
ACE is good but far
local gander mountians sometimes have used

best is the gun shows and gunbroker.com

Hill District? Shhhliberty?

x2

I have dealt with ACE in Washington a lot … and I recommend them highly.

Anthony Arms is also good, but priced high on a lot of things

There’s an Anthony Arms by my house as well (West Mifflin) but I always heard they were high-priced as well.

Price is probably somewhere in the area of 200-300 or so.

I’ll look around at the places suggested, thanks guys!

I’ve bought at Gander a few times now and am happy with the stuff and prices. Anthony was surprisingly cheaper by 15-20 on my XD subcompact, but I’m not a fan of the people that work there. I got the feeling they looked down on my for not knowing every detail about the purchase I was going to make. Will use their range, but won’t buy from them.

Yup … thats the same anthony arms. He has a HUGE selection there, and its a great place to go and check out, and too look around. But I have always found better deals at ACE (at least for what I was looking for)

I can drive a golfball to the anthony arms parking lot from my house and wouldn’t buy a gun from them. I was in there a few times for the range and was not impressed with the people or the prices.

Where is the Anthony arms on 88? The only one I know of is on lebanon church road

Yeah aside from gun shows or online (gunbroker), I’d recommend Ace. It’s right on 19 in Washington, by the old bowling alley.

The places listed are OK…but priced high. If you’re looking for a used handgun, my top two recommendations right now are:

1. Braverman Arms on Penn Ave in Wilkinsburg.
  2. Allegheny River Arsenal on Allegheny River Blvd in Verona.

Neither has the selection that Ace or Anthony has; but both have much better prices, a more informed staff, and a better atmosphere overall period.

…now I need to talk you out of a Ruger or Taurus semi. :\ If I’m trusting my life to a semi-automatic 9mm Ruger and Taurus don’t jump to the top of my list (Glock and Sig do…and you get get a nice used Glock for the price of a new Ruger or Taurus).

Thats exactly what i was thinking when i opened this… and im not even that into handguns…

Firearms Unlimited
1190 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017

Hands down thee best shop I’ve ever been to. Guy is super cool and straight up. I passed up a .45 1911 officers model for 450$ there once :reloading

Add springfield to that list!

Firearms Unlimited
1190 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017

I bought a VEPR K AK style rifle from him a few years ago. Definitely a stand up shop. I was very pleased with the price and the service.

-Powell Guns in Penn Hills right next to the Police station on Frankstown Rd.

-Braverman’s Arms, Penn Ave Wilkinsburg, PA

I have delt with both places. I prefer Powell, but Braverman’s is also good.

Sportsman’s Supply towards butler.

I love my Kimber for carry, I’d do a Para as well but they are double stack 45’s and the single stacks are the same size as what I have.

I wana a para nighthawg bad! … But there are pricey!