progress thread: 94gt5.0

Infomercial garbage that any couch potato can see gains on. Don’t waste your time.

what really works to lose wait really im gettin a little fat ,but i run around all day at work like im on crack

LMAO.
Adam, Its just a light weight/cardio training program. Not to gain muscle, but to cut… alot.

Bash it all you want, but come summer time you guys will have wished you’ve done it. I just dont want to get bigger, thats all.

sully did the woman let ya off the leash ? how are u on the comp ?is she not around ?

As I’ve stated in the past, no one in the HISTORY of CONTROLLED STUDIES has NEVER NOT lost weight while being placed on a caloric deficet.

Meaning, you gotta eat less calories than your body burns. Use something like this, http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-burned.php , estimate what your maintenance calories are, take 500 from it, eat that much a day, and go from there. Adjustments can be made along the way, and cardio a few times a week will help too.

haha, no leash. She’s actually coming home tonight from Arizona. Bout time!!!

my diet varies day to day ,im eating less though .or do ya mean eat salad and other rabbit foods

Yeah I just checked it out on BB.com. People cut up alot, but are losing alot of strength on average.

ahhhhhhhh , see ya in a few weeks then

Na, I’m not like others that disapear when they have GF’s…

Calories in vs. calories out. Simple. Imagine your body as a gas tank. If you burn more than you put in, the fuel level (weight) will go down.

Yep.

A program consisting of weight training to/near failure, minimal cardio and THE PROPER DIET will net better results.

Body recomposition=diet alteration (and proper training of course)

EXCELLENT READ that I just saw…

"I hate it when people turn a simple thing like “losing weight” into a huge complicated “lifestyle change” in which they try to precisely dial in every aspect of an ideal diet immediately.

So they’ll cut out “junk food” and all of that and replace it with “healthy food” (which can be just as calorically dense). Then they’ll try to avoid foods that are high in fat (such as certain meats, eggs, so on). Then they’ll try to avoid foods that are high in carbs. The astute of you will note that this leaves only protein. So their only choices are protein shakes and lean meats at this point.

Of course these people are going to find the thought of drinking a protein shake disgusting and vile, so instead they’ll try lean meats. But then at some point they start to feel bad for eating so much MEAT, and they’ll come across the statistic that vegetarians live 10 years longer on average and vegans 15 years longer, so they’ll try the vegetarian thing.

Since fats and carbs are out, and protein shakes, and lean meats, that means they can mainly eat fruits, veggies, beans, rice, and beans. But wait, rice isn’t good either – you need to eat BROWN rice rather than white rice. Because the white rice has all the nutrients removed.

But wait, rice is all carbs! Why eat rice, if it’s all carbs? But it’s okay, because it’s vegetarian, right? No, but it’s carbs! But it’s vegetarian! Is it organic!? What the hell is going on@? Then they decide that the carbs in rice and beans are okay because they’re organic vegetarian carbs, and continue with that diet. Well, maybe nuts are okay as well. Of course, overeating “clean” food isn’t much better than overeating “dirty” food, and if they’re going entirely by hunger, then they’re likely to stay at maintenance where they started. Maybe even a bit over if they’re compulsively eating nuts.

But they also start doing cardio… lots of cardio. Cardio at 6 AM, fasted. 3 mile runs. 4 mile runs. Pushing themselves harder and harder to do these runs. Can’t stay up late and have a social life, gotta run at 6 AM tomorrow. Oh god I missed a day of running… ****ed up my diet. Then they’ll go to the 2 hour abs/pilates class to try to spot reduce on the abdominal region and waste more unnecessary time…

Then after dropping a lot of water weight for the first two weeks, the weight loss stalls, and they realize how much effort they’re putting into this, and they decide they’re just “fat” and that’s how it is, and they have slow metabolisms or whatever, so they start to think they have to keep this up for the rest of their lives or else they’ll get fat again.

They could be skipping all of this and whatever they want for 3 meals a day while doing only as much cardio as they want and keeping their calories 500 under maintenance… but of course, it’s too much work to count your calories, who wants to do that?"

I just started back yesterday after 13 months off… Im looking middle of the road with focus on cut, but strength building still moving forward. I generally follow the “300” ish workout routine and eat right during the 12 week stint to lose fat …then fall back to regular shit eating and workout to maintain. Basically, lower carb and sugar intake, lotsa chicken and protein… typical old school.
The 1st 3 weeks suck as I generally over exert (without proper hydration/carbs etc) myself and if not careful I puke at least one day of the week early on…usually leg day when I also do isometrics…goal burn being over 1000 calories those days. After a few weeks my diet is in order and I’ll be able to hit the wall and hold it. Iso is why I quit the gym and HATE them…but I need them to burn… we shall see if i stick to that part of it.

I have a simple goal for the next 12 weeks…cut weight…then whatever follows is strength building. Rather start from a better mold… 20 real lbs gotta go first. Not including the 2 lbs of shit and all that water…

In 2007/08 I went from 202 to 163 and actually made an honest 6 pack… , Im back at 193…and weaksause

Start liftin with me and E, you’ll make some solid gains!!

come work out with meee im lonely

Getting in shape for the new season of SurvivorMan !!! lol opps I didn’t blow ur cover did I !!??

i think im gonna start coming to the albany best from now on rich, id lift with you…when do you typically go, right after work?

:lol If it wasnt such a hike Id be all over it mang. Come to skankneck!!

lol usually between 4 and 5