so how many of you get pulled over almost daily?

how many of you get pulled over WAY more often than anyone should, for absolutely no reason. lately, ive been getting pulled over, getting a bullshit excuse as to why i am being stopped and embarassed and then let go ticketless.

for example, tonight. i’m going down seneca street in west seneca, almost in front of the southgate plaza’s rear entrance. the cop is about 3-4 cars back in the left lane, i’m in the right. i’m doing 35mph and not driving dumb. so i get to the light and i turn my blinker on to turn into the plaza, immediately the cop turns his blinker on and gets behind me, right then i know im getting pulled over so i pull to the side of the parking lot before his lights even go on. i roll my windows down immediately.

he tells me he’s stopping me for my window tint, walks around my whole car looking at every little thing. he then asks for my paperwork. comes back with the window tint thing. tells me 32% dark is illegal (THEY’RE DAMN NEAR SEE THRU) now before i even got my windows tinted i talked to a west seneca cop and he told me that what i was getting done is LEGAL. and when i told this asshole, he didnt want to hear any of it. although he let me go, it was still embarassing, seeing as my passenger was probably just as embarassed that 3 cars with friends of ours passed by.

i’m so sick of this happening. whats the point in having a nice car, and obeying traffic laws if i’m still going to get pulled over for every thing possible and not get ticketed. they waste MY time. total bullshit.

/rant.

this happen to anyone else often?

Only time I had trouble with tints was when I got pulled over for doing 73 in a 55. Tints saved my ass on that one. Maybe that particular officer has seen you drive retarded before? Maybe he was off duty at the time?

pics of car

i have a hard time believing that you could get pulled over with such frequency for no reason

any tint in NYS is illegal. 70% is the legal limit. The highest % I know of is 50 which would still fail you unless u have a good reason. My dads mountaineer is 20% all around but he is also a kidney transplant patient and cant be in direct sunlight and has Glaucoma.

its a lowered black gti with black steelies with snows on it, and HID’s

my car looks different today than it ever did, i doubt the cop would specifically remember my car, theres nothing out of the ordinary done to it. and all the mods are extremely recent.

17 times this season… no tickets… knockin on wood, havent been pulled over in over a month… when i stop riding the bike, the frequent stops tend to end… police dont bother a bone stock malibu 99% of the time.

yeah man

my girl’s tbird up there has, like, nothing tint that rainbow did back in '04

on only the back window

Sucks, but i never was concerned about getting pulled over.

Totally your decision in the end - but if you take it off, prolly get less hassle. I know it very likely looks pretty cool, however this is up to you - not them.

i dunno, i have my windows blacked out in my DD and never have a problem. i DID get a tint ticket once in my DD, cop asked me to roll down my window so he could put the meter on there. i do so and it comes up as 17% :lol: he says do u know what this means, i just laughed. with the evo i never get pulled over and its bright ass yellow, big wing, stupid loud exhaust

it must be a VW thing :stuck_out_tongue:

or a i suck thing? :slight_smile:

i don’t even like to be out on the road anymore, and driving is one of my favorite things to do :frowning:

70 % is the legal tint in nys all cars come with 70% already so ur tints are illegal every ticket i got i deserved

Drive routes less traveled by cops. Suck it up and just drive your damn car.

its this area. Cops go to harassment class before they go on patrol out here.
There are also too many cops in this area and they are bored.

Its not this bad any other place I have been.

god you give me even more motivation to move away from this area :slight_smile:

one more year…

i guess i’ll just live with the fact that i don’t get tickets for anything. i’ll just continue to not drive like an ass. since i’ve learned my little speeding lesson twice in one week about a month ago.

:roll2:

Yeah it is this area, cops have nothing to do.

70 percent law on the tint means you aren’t allowed to have any aftermarket film at all on your side windows where passengers can sit.

and how many other places have you lived in or resided for a decent amount of time to have a opinion?

honestly, you’re probably being targeted since you have a car that stands out…

when i had my yellow scirocco it lasted less than a summer due to being pulled over weekly. I got over 10 exhaust tickets that summer, and i had a street legal techtonics tuning exhaust with a borla muffler. It was peppy, but no where near illegal. I carried the “street legal” papers in the car with me and showed it to them also, but they still gave me tix

My red mkII jetta was also targeted in OP and WS for tints/exhaust/etc etc…

Your HIDs and exhaust and tints make your car stand out, and as much as it sucks you’ll keep getting pulled over. Id lessen the tints if i had your car, make sure you have both plates on, keep in a higher gear around town etc etc. Don’t give them much to play with…

WS is known for targeting certain cars. Ive been where you are, its really shitty, just make sure you’re early to where ever you need to be all the time lol

i hear ya. it sucks that they pull me over for BS reasons, because i dont drive stupid anymore. but i guess i’ll have to deal with it. i love my car the way it is. i may just get some OEM hubcaps for the winter and see if that helps me lose any attention.

oh and btw, your jetta is SUPER clean. i really like it. :tup:

I don’t know dude, I drove a supercharged thunderbird that was very loud, and I never got pulled over for it.

I think it also involves driving like a douchebag versus just driving normal.

why is everyone being so ice to him but up my ass in my threads, fuck all you ass jockeys. fuck you.